Minelab Warranty: Transferable from July 1st, 2011

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Minelab, currently provides a comprehensive three-year warranty for the majority of our products*. In an ongoing effort to improve our services to our valued customers, this warranty will now be transferable for new products purchased from July 1st, 2011 going forward. This means that any remaining warranty period from a product can be transferred to a legitimate subsequent owner within the original country of purchase. For complete details on our warranty, please refer to our full Limited Product Warranty Conditions www.minelab.com/warranty-registration/limited-product-warranty-conditions.

If you have purchased a second-hand Minelab detector you are now encouraged to register the detector’s details with Minelab Americas. To do so please provide your serial number directly to your regional Minelab office so we are able to transfer any remaining warranty. Our online warranty registration is only able to accept details from the initial purchase.

Mike

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that is good news for Minelab users... Or some one that wants to be a Minelab user........... I have here with me right now a ....... Minelab Sovereign Elite ...With a Product Warranty card that was never filled out or sent in ............ I wonder how that will work out for me ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Well that is good news for Minelab users... Or some one that wants to be a Minelab user........... I have here with me right now a ....... Minelab Sovereign Elite ...With a Product Warranty card that was never filled out or sent in ............ I wonder how that will work out for me ?

Keppy, it doesn't look like it will be valid according to Minelab rules from the link above....

3. This warranty will not be effective unless:
3.1 the Warranty Registration Card is completed (either online or in hard copy) and returned to Minelab within 14 days of the Date of Purchase;

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

Keppy, it doesn't look like it will be valid according to Minelab rules from the link above....

3.1 the Warranty Registration Card is completed (either online or in hard copy) and returned to Minelab within 14 days of the Date of Purchase;
Your right the 14 days are long gone............

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

Thanks TH

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

I think they'd probably forgive the 14 days.... heck it could have been lost in the mail. It's the date of purchase that is the bigger factor why the warranty card is not going to do anything for him.

It's a great policy though, less risk buying new which also means better resale value.

OP
OP
Woodland Detectors

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:

I think they'd probably forgive the 14 days.... heck it could have been lost in the mail. It's the date of purchase that is the bigger factor why the warranty card is not going to do anything for him.

It's a great policy though, less risk buying new which also means better resale value.
From July 1st, 2011 going forward.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread