Sovereign GT just some questions?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The excaliber is basically a sovereign in a water-proof body. Theoretically the same machine. For some reason though, long-time users of each one feel there is some sort of difference. Like the WOT coil, for instance, reacts differently on each (when you have the after-market water-proof ability to swap coils on the Excal). Not sure why that is. But essentially, the same machine. Tones = yes, etc.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been a season since I turned on the Sov GT but in all metal mode the tones don't change.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Its been a season since I turned on the Sov GT but in all metal mode the tones don't change.

In all metal the tones don't like SM says, but in descrimination they certainly do...... As Tom says, the Excal is like a version of a Sov, (an early version) but there is diffently a difference in the tones, although it is not a big difference....

Minelab, please give us a waterproof version of the Sov GT..... ;D

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Sandman said:

In all metal the tones don't like SM says, but in descrimination they certainly do...... As Tom says, the Excal is like a version of a Sov, (an early version) but there is diffently a difference in the tones, although it is not a big difference....

Minelab, please give us a waterproof version of the Sov GT..... ;D

the difference in sound between the sov and excal is the headphones or the way the pot is set on each. they are the same machine on the inside.
Never seen what tom said about coils working differently on each machine and Ive got both, have had for years.
sandman is correct, tone changes are in the disc mode but not in the all metal mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread