Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
wyobuck said:
Like new condition used only a few times. Should I suspect counterfit unit?

Thanks
Pete
If it works that is a great price........ But i read somewere that Minelab will not repair the 2100 from now on........... That could be the reason for the low price.....

OP
OP
wyobuck

wyobuck

Dec 1, 2009
Orange City, FL
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Xterra 705, Surf PI DF
Thanks. Called ML, they told me they will still repair but parts are scarce. Really makes me think about buying another ML.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
wyobuck said:
Thanks. Called ML, they told me they will still repair but parts are scarce. Really makes me think about buying another ML.
Yes with ML when a detector model gets so old if they have the parts they will repair........ And if they do not have the parts they will not........And a lot tried to get older detectors repaired and have been told they can not be repaired no parts...........That is why buying a used ML is a shot in the dark............ You have to be a gambler to buy a used ML............

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
wyobuck said:
Yes with ML when a detector model gets so old if they have the parts they will repair........ And if they do not have the parts they will not........And a lot tried to get older detectors repaired and have been told they can not be repaired no parts...........That is why buying a used ML is a shot in the dark............ You have to be a gambler to buy a used ML............

You might only need one part and all you'll have is a funny looking paper weght.

OP
OP
wyobuck

wyobuck

Dec 1, 2009
Orange City, FL
Detector(s) used
Thanks to all, that deal is history. Looking at a Explorer SE Pro, may pick it up tomorrow.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
wyobuck said:

LOL, guess I am gambler, I have bought 6 used Minelabs, still own 5 of them......2100 was released in 1996, makes it 15 years old....They will still do repairs as long as they have the parts....

OP
OP
wyobuck

wyobuck

Dec 1, 2009
Orange City, FL
Detector(s) used
Great, got the Explorer and went out to compare it to my 705. The 705 was locking on -6 on and off and I thought maybe it was from non use, but called ML anyway. By the time John from ML called me back my 705 was humming along as usual. He told me if it happens again and doesnt reset, call and send it in. Ok so the 705 seems ok. I thought I would ask him for some help setting up the Explorer for prospecting in the Mtns in CO and WY. Shockingly he told me to stick with the 705 as the Explorer is not a gold machine. Gold ore is different that gold jewelry and it was not designed for prospecting is what he said.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wyobuck said:
Great, got the Explorer and went out to compare it to my 705. The 705 was locking on -6 on and off and I thought maybe it was from non use, but called ML anyway. By the time John from ML called me back my 705 was humming along as usual. He told me if it happens again and doesnt reset, call and send it in. Ok so the 705 seems ok. I thought I would ask him for some help setting up the Explorer for prospecting in the Mtns in CO and WY. Shockingly he told me to stick with the 705 as the Explorer is not a gold machine. Gold ore is different that gold jewelry and it was not designed for prospecting is what he said.

True, from what i have read the Explorer isn't really a gold nugget detector.....

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
wyobuck said:
Try explorer in constant sound without discrimination and compare with Extera in prospecting. personaly dont have extera but use explorer in constant for small items.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a big difference in tiny gold jewelry and gold nuggets the size of a grain of sand...... Why waste time with a unit that is not a gold detector, if you want to hunt for gold, get a good gold detector that will find gold the size of a grain of sand......

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Treasure_Hunter said:
There is a big difference in tiny gold jewelry and gold nuggets the size of a grain of sand...... Why waste time with a unit that is not a gold detector, if you want to hunt for gold, get a good gold detector that will find gold the size of a grain of sand......
Very logical, but to try would be interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread