Apr 12, 2011
PORT ORCHARD WA
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Fisher CZ 6
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of getting a meter for my new gt and I know there has been post on this before but would like a new updates on my Questions. Also my hearing is not so good have to ware hearing adds booth ears. I would like to know what you actual users and experience that you all have used them. 1. your thoughts are they worth the money. 2. are they helpful with the gt 3. Where can I buy one other then eBay if you know someone who has one for sale and what should the cost. Thank you for all your help.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the hearing you will do lots better with good headphones like the Black Widow's because they amp the signal and block more outside noises. I found the meter to jump around to much and not lock on.

As for the meter, I didn't find it all that helpful as the tones with the Black Widow's were a better method of id'ing the target. Instead I installed the Sunray S-1 inline probe which had about a 6" range for a super mini coil. I could lay on the ground in really trashy parks and just use the inline probe to point to all the coins. It worked off the detectors circuits so it also had disc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread