Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the spray won't work. You want the divers lube on the flat rubber gasket. I don't put any on the threads because they are not part of any water tight seal only a mechanical means to tighten the gasket in between connection. IMO lubing the threads will only attract sand causing wear to the threads.

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Only thing I might disagree on is in PP/Am, I have found the swing speed of slow does not bring out the deeps as well. Their is a too fast but then med, too slow, is not the best way.

Try it, and this is with the smaller coils like the 1000 n 800..bigger coils I am not sure. Find a deep faint target and test your sweep speed. It's like a small speed bump......the faster you go over that speed bump the harder it hits (ramp up then ramp down), the slower you go the less it is going to stand out. It's all about coil control, not to fast, but not to slow.

That's the beauty of the remote PP toggle, you know "all" of the targets under the coil if your hunting in PP/AM, overly trash areas turn down the sensitivity and you can single out targets by a flip of the switch. You get a quick Beep beep, in PP, wiggle wiggle over the one target in PP then a quick toggle to disc the machine does not have time to see the other target and it will give you a discriminate reading. Then to the next target a few inch's away, do the same. It's does take a little longer but your not missing anything. If you were hunting in discriminate and one of the targets was a good and the other was bad you might only get a chirp, or a null and you would keep on going possibly missing treasure.

Now in Discriminate mode, slow is good that way you can hear the chirps of the good targets when near nonferrous targets.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only thing I might disagree on is in PP/Am, I have found the swing speed of slow does not bring out the deeps as well. Their is a too fast but then med, too slow, is not the best way. Try it, and this is with the smaller coils like the 1000 n 800..bigger coils I am not sure. Find a deep faint target and test your sweep speed. It's like a small speed bump......the faster you go over that speed bump the harder it hits (ramp up then ramp down), the slower you go the less it is going to stand out. It's all about coil control, not to fast, but not to slow. That's the beauty of the remote PP toggle, you know "all" of the targets under the coil if your hunting in PP/AM, overly trash areas turn down the sensitivity and you can single out targets by a flip of the switch. You get a quick Beep beep, in PP, wiggle wiggle over the one target in PP then a quick toggle to disc the machine does not have time to see the other target and it will give you a discriminate reading. Then to the next target a few inch's away, do the same. It's does take a little longer but your not missing anything. If you were hunting in discriminate and one of the targets was a good and the other was bad you might only get a chirp, or a null and you would keep on going possibly missing treasure. Now in Discriminate mode, slow is good that way you can hear the chirps of the good targets when near nonferrous targets.
I've noticed this exact thing OBN. Once you find the "sweet" swing speed and a good low threshold the faint target gives a good zip-zip. Also, when I sweep a target a few times and then flip to disc, most of the time I will get a null before even going back over target. I'm about 70% sure when I get that double blip-blip it's usually a bobby pin or junk iron. Love the PP mod on old blue! I'm going to build one for my Sovereign soon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread