Ground Balancing

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dr.Jones said:
Question,

How do you ground balance a Minelab Quattro? For all this time, I thought it was automatic. I am wondering how many good finds i passed over :help:

The Quattro MP uses a sophisticated approach to the elimination of signals caused by ground
mineralization. Unlike other forms of ground balancing that require constant readjustment,
FBS technology uses advanced digital filtering to eliminate the influence of ground signals.

http://www.metaldetectorresource.com/manuals/Quattro MP.pdf

OP
OP
Dr.Jones

Dr.Jones

Aug 19, 2005
Kennett square , PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
yah i read that, i just wanted to see if I had the option to manaul ground balance the machine. Also, the threshold. I am ashamed to say this but i ahve never adjusted it. Apparelntly, i knew nothing of the machine i was using. Does threshold make a difference?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, setting the threshold to low will not allow the weak signals to be heard. Setting it to high will hide the response. It is not a volume control for the response, only the threshold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions