relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:love4: I love my XS but it is old and worn out in that the camlocks are always loose and headphone jack is loose broken arm cup etc. I was thinking of a newer exp. SE. But I only hunt in ferrous mode with the minimum iron mask and use the smart screen but never look at TID #s. Is it worth the money to upgrade if I don't use much discrimination or ID numbers? Or do new explorers detect better and faster?? Thanks in advance for any input. :help:

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
simply no point, they are all the same, just on Se Normal sound is a bit longer, everything ells the same. I have all XS,2,SE. sometimes the same detectors are a bit different and if you have good working XS and you like -keep it.

OP
OP
relic lover

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
Trade it in to me towards a new one if you wish. :icon_thumleft:
Wow just found out I am laid off as of tuesday. so no upgrade for me. But I see some field time coming ::)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about your lay off ...Not good, Sure hope this economy can turn around soon......

simply no point, they are all the same, just on Se Normal sound is a bit longer, everything ells the same. I have all XS,2,SE. sometimes the same detectors are a bit different and if you have good working XS and you like -keep it.

Disagree, Have the XS and the SE
SE has a few different screens But a much fast processor/faster recover time.....Turn on each and tell me which boots up faster........I hunt All Metal with mine with ferrous tones, I do use the Digital screen when target is found.......A much better machine, as the Etrac is better then the SE Pro..............................once you get the SE the XS will gather dust, unfortunately both are gathering dust for now..........the water is the place to be

Attachments

• 104 gold 5 Years.jpg
    104 gold 5 Years.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 200

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
OldeBeechnut said:
Sorry to hear about your lay off ...Not good, Sure hope this economy can turn around soon......

Disagree, Have the XS and the SE
SE has a few different screens But a much fast processor/faster recover time.....Turn on each and tell me which boots up faster........I hunt All Metal with mine with ferrous tones, I do use the Digital screen when target is found.......A much better machine, as the Etrac is better then the SE Pro..............................once you get the SE the XS will gather dust, unfortunately both are gathering dust for now..........the water is the place to be
Boots faster SE, but this is all difference, I never look at screen and allways detect without discrimination in ferrous, so dont know what you found about SE and XS what I miss? all explorers are the same fast and the same slow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread