Just spoke to Minelab tech about Exal ll care

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Just talked to Darren at Minelab about the yellow coil cover, Buttons on the shaft for the box and battery, silicone and general maintenance. Darren told me the warranty would be honored if the coil cover was epoxyed to the coil. He said they know we are trying to protect the coil. I'm going to use the marine epoxy to seal the coil cover to the coil. He also stressed that the Excal should have a complete an thorough cleaning frequently to prevent erosion when used in salt water. I'm going to replace the buttons with nylon nuts and bolts since the buttons are very difficult for me to depress. He also said the wires should be unwound to prevent them from sticking to the shaft and deteriorating. We had a very informative talk and he advised me that the turn around time for warranty repairs is now about 15 days. Seems that Minelab is trying to improve its image.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
general said:
Just talked to Darren at Minelab about the yellow coil cover, Buttons on the shaft for the box and battery, silicone and general maintenance. Darren told me the warranty would be honored if the coil cover was epoxyed to the coil. He said they know we are trying to protect the coil. I'm going to use the marine epoxy to seal the coil cover to the coil. He also stressed that the Excal should have a complete an thorough cleaning frequently to prevent erosion when used in salt water. I'm going to replace the buttons with nylon nuts and bolts since the buttons are very difficult for me to depress. He also said the wires should be unwound to prevent them from sticking to the shaft and deteriorating. We had a very informative talk and he advised me that the turn around time for warranty repairs is now about 15 days. Seems that Minelab is trying to improve its image.
Thanks for the post! Good info!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread