broken coil

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the mounting bracket break off of my coil this sunday. I never heard of this happening before unless it was hit against something, I just laid mine on the ground to dig a target. Anyway i called minelab and they said they would replace it. Very cool excellent cust. service. Thanks Mike for posting the new phone numbers. I bought that detector in sept. 2009. thanks minelab. Don

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
donj said:
I had the mounting bracket break off of my coil this sunday. I never heard of this happening before unless it was hit against something, I just laid mine on the ground to dig a target. Anyway i called minelab and they said they would replace it. Very cool excellent cust. service. Thanks Mike for posting the new phone numbers. I bought that detector in sept. 2009. thanks minelab. Don
I'm glad to hear they are taking care of you Don, there is really no way to fix those ears when they break.

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Same experience here, happened after 726 days of hard usage, stress cracks. I got a new coil from minelab right away under warranty.
Great detectors, company, And Mike at woodlanddetectors is the man to see for purchasing :thumbsup:

elrodcod

Oct 4, 2009
Woodland Detectors said:
donj said:
I'm glad to hear they are taking care of you Don, there is really no way to fix those ears when they break.

The "ears" on my 705 coil broke the other day & I fixed them myself. Luckily I recovered the broken parts. First I cleaned everything with alcohol & used a good quality Super Glue to cement the parts in place. Then I laminated the outside of the "ears" with two layers of of fiberglass cloth set in a non metal bearing epoxy & re-drilled the ¼" holes. I don't think they'll break again anytime soon.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here is my fix
2016-02-05 005.JPG
2016-02-05 006.JPG

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seems lots of people have this problem sold a few of them on flea bay
enough to pay for the material so my fix is time and labor only now :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions