Excal II , barely 2 weeks , going back...

GatorFrog

Nov 26, 2011
SE Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry your having trouble with your Excal II. Minelab seems to have major quality issues with the II and I am glad I have a perfect 1000 bought about 5 years ago I think. Keep us posted as I am sure many other guys and gals are looking for a new detector and what to look for. Years ago we mainly got the shaft as we were only one person.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure your knob is not stripped. 1st thing I did to mine was to replace the knobs

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you purchase this excal with a credit card?

OP
OP
GatorFrog

GatorFrog

Nov 26, 2011
SE Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
Thanks Tiggar!!!! :icon_thumleft:

The knobs are fine...

OBN, no CC... should have.... :BangHead:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
To bad, you could have rescinded the transaction thur the CC company. Had a friend that had a excal but a few weeks old, called monday and said he was rescinding the purchase if they did not take care of the issue quickly, had a new one by thursday.

OP
OP
GatorFrog

GatorFrog

Nov 26, 2011
SE Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
Update:

I was messing around with today and the volume came back on as if nothing ever happened. ??? So... I guess I'll hold to it unless the volume become a problem again... I should be able to take it on an extended test this weekend :blob7:

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
GatorFrog said:
Update:

I was messing around with today and the volume came back on as if nothing ever happened. ??? So... I guess I'll hold to it unless the volume become a problem again... I should be able to take it on an extended test this weekend :blob7:
Not sure you have covered this elsewhere? The volume only controls target sound and not what your hearing from threshold hum. Pretty much you set it and forget it as it will change your tones you hear from day to day if you move it daily. If you get a really faint signal you can bring it up with the volume. I have a set of MGM's on my Excalibur and have it set about 45% of full. As far as the knobs go they are made to slip if you go too hard on them. If you choose to changed them for bigger tork size with set screws plan on mailing you excalibur back soon! I some point you'll over do it and spin the switch. See it about three times a year. Then they always are back with the original knobs! jmho HH Steve

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap, thanks for the input. I have been complaining about the knobs on my Excal, and wondered why they were not easier to grip, but your post sounds like a good explanation for the smooth knobs, never thought about that!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buried Crap NJ said:
GatorFrog said:
Update:

If you choose to changed them for bigger tork size with set screws plan on mailing you excalibur back soon! I some point you'll over do it and spin the switch. See it about three times a year. Then they always are back with the original knobs! jmho HH Steve

One of my excals has had the larger knobs with set screws for over 4 years, the other for 2 years, I haven't had to either one of them fixed once....

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a new excal hopefully won't have any problems with it. I got the anderson knobs for it but after reading this post not sure I want to switch them out until I have to.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Oooooo there goes the rest of the Gold in OC.....LDH, keep the stock knobs on...or if you replace them just be carefully when adjusting..more torque / big knobs

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said:
Oooooo there goes the rest of the Gold in OC.....

That is one of my goals. :laughing7: love the at pro but know I was missing things that I won't with the excal. Now got to wait a few weeks to catch up on some work so I can hit beach and try it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread