Screen Protectors

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Zagg makes a great one for the Minelabs.

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
get in contact with (Ralph) sunray detectors they make a nice cover for the explorer, it fits nice and snug and well made, I never take mine off.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I was the one who came up with the idea and asked them to make a screen protector for my E-trac. Mine was the first one. I sent my E-trac into Zagg to have them pattern it. Then, a friend sent in his Explorer to have them pattern it for that size.

The stuff they use is the same stuff the US military uses to protect the leading edge of helicopter blades from getting damaged by flying debris.

If you want to have your screen looking new for almost ever, then that is the stuff to get.

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
Who or what is ZAGG, and how do you contact (?)him?Does he make covers for the Xterra?

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Thanks for the info guys! I just ordered one off of zagg. Be sure to check their website for a discount codes.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I know what zagg is, and it would make sense that it is the best "screen Protector" but are any of you worried about dirt/dust/debris getting in through the air vents behind the screen? I was, so I bought a cover that goes all the way around the machine part, it seems to fit perfect, and protect it from moisture/dirt/ etc.... Do most of you guys just use the zagg screen protector, or are you using the "cover" as well?

thanks.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put on the Zagg so that I could quit using the full cover. There is way too much screen glare from my old cover, and I don't hunt during rain storms, so it wasn't really needed.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Just got my Zagg cover yesterday and see that the protector covers the entire front area including the buttons. Has anyone had any issues with wear around the buttons or dirt getting in around the edges?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cover seals all the way to the edge if it's applied correctly. There is no problem with wear on these. I just installed one on my E-Trac based on the performance of the zagg cover I put on Garmin 60csx GPS. I put it on before I depployed to Iraq. I carried that GPS almost every day, in and out of pockets, bags, getting buanged around, wiping sand off the screen. It STILL looks great, hasn't begun to peel at all, and keeps on protecting my GPS 4 years later.

DaugBiscuit

Oct 20, 2011
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
SE Pro, Safari, ProPointer, X-1 Probe, Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about sun glare. I have the SE Pro and it has to be the worst screen to use in the brightness of day. Does the zagg help in bright conditions?

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions