My new E-Trac arrived Friday!!!

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my detector from a small dealer here in Ohio. The owner Mike has been a huge help and has even sent me some good setups to start out with VIA E-Trac exchange and many videos and one on one support. I have not had too much time to use it do to a number of reasons but I have gotten the chance spend about 10 minutes in my frount yard with it. I didn't find any signals worth digging but tested out things with settings and iron falsing and sizing targets with pinpoint. Seems anything that was in my yard was 5" or higher and I got it all with the Ace250.

Few quick observations:
It is heavier than I thought! Nothing I can't handle just surprised
The headphones are WAY comfortable and lighter than they looked.
The band that goes acrossed the arm cup is not made for men. I am kidding here, but I dont think my forearms are that big but that strap will not fit over any part of my arm unless it is near my wrist.
Lastly, when Terry recommends turning the threshold volume down to barely audible, do it. I did it after about 2 minutes and it was soooo much nicer to hunt with. Was not able to get used to the droning.
Thanks for reading.

Shameless plug for Mike. Go to www.mtdetectorsales.com and look at his custom made in house headphones. He is a super guy.

Noel

IMG_0328.JPG

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
the straps fits onto the plastic cuff, i dont think its supposed to wrap around your arm.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! You will love the new E-Trac!

OP
OP
O

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
moonshine said:
the straps fits onto the plastic cuff, i dont think its supposed to wrap around your arm.

Yes hence the plastic clips. Doesn't fit.

Edit: I said in my original post that it goes to the arm cup.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You made the same step I did. Get ready for steep learning curve. Good luck it can be frustrating but I'm sure it will be worth it.

OP
OP
O

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
47thelement said:
You made the same step I did. Get ready for steep learning curve. Good luck it can be frustrating but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Thanks a ton for the voteof confidence! I watched a whole boatload of instructional videos and did them on my machine before I actually took it out on my first hunt and it helped a great deal. Plus I have friends that helped me cheat a little bit by sending my their modes and patterns to load in my exchange. Had a short but good first hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread