Faust

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2011
San Francisco
Detector(s) used
E Track, - MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know when the battery is fully recharged?
The manual says (plug the mains charger into the wall socket and turn on the switch). I don’t see a switch to turn on or a light to say it is charged. There is a red light at the wall socket that stayed red for 18 hrs did not turn green. so I am guessing that’s not the light I am looking for.

OtraVez

Aug 14, 2011
Akron, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did this process and let it go for 24 as I have not been able to take it out and it stays red. If you have full bars on the machine when you put it in, you should be good to go! I am still amped up to take mine out for the first time for a full hunt! GL and HH.

Vez

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no way to tell if its fully charged except by putting it in the machine and turning it on. The light on the charger is always red, doesnt turn green. And there is no switch. I just plug mine in and leave it overnight. Always been fully charged ib the morning. :icon_thumright:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mainer said:
There is no way to tell if its fully charged except by putting it in the machine and turning it on. The light on the charger is always red, doesnt turn green. And there is no switch. I just plug mine in and leave it overnight. Always been fully charged ib the morning. :icon_thumright:

+1

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I am happy to say that I read the etrac manual after I bought it. (I believe it is the only manual I have ever read). It explains all of that about the batt and charger etc... I want to say it says that you should charge your batt for 18 hours to ensure a full charge, (I know for sure that it says you cannot overcharge it). I just cant remember for sure exactly what it says about a length of time for a full charge, point is.... Read the manual;)

good luck, happy hunting.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Charging overnight works just fine, but many of us just buy a red to green light charger from "onlybatteries.com". They're not expensive, and will give you a little more confidence. :wink:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Charge it for 18 hours if it is completely discharged ... over charging will not hurt it...... You can not hurt it.. by overcharging.........

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really a recharging thing( and someone else might have heard this trick). But if you get a aluminum slug/ rod the same size as a AA you can use lithium ion batteries as long as you replace one of the 8 batteries with the slug. Lithium ion batteries for me last 2-3 months of heavy use. Not the 1-2 days of the rechargeable battery last.

ynp

RNB

Jul 3, 2012
So-Cal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you like eliminate all your Batt Pack Problems and hunt for days on a single charge?

Fully charge to 12.5 volts in 2 hours and show you a Green Led when finished...Will not Overcharge!

I will guarantee our Batt Pack will last for days instead of a few hours!

We tested our Minelab ML-2900mah Batt Packs for over 18 months before before distribution.

A new 1800mah Minelab Batt Pack will cost you Over $100 after Shipping and Tax.

A New ML-2900 Batt Pack and 2 hour Smart Charger will Cost 129.00 no Tax and Free Shipping

Minelab makes one of the best machines in the World.....It's really nice not to worry about Batteries and just HUNT!

Have a Great New Year of Care Free Hunting

Read the Reviews MINELAB-BATT

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gona have to get this ML-2900!!!

2900mAH!!! def wont be needing two lol

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine. I get 30 hours +. I accidentally left my Etrac on last night for 8 hours and still have full bars! Doesn't take 18 hours to charge either ...it really only takes 2 hours! One of, if not the best, aftermarket accessories I have purchased for the Etrac! Well worth the price and only a little more than the stock battery.
Would you like eliminate all your Batt Pack Problems and hunt for days on a single charge?

Fully charge to 12.5 volts in 2 hours and show you a Green Led when finished...Will not Overcharge!

I will guarantee our Batt Pack will last for days instead of a few hours!

We tested our Minelab ML-2900mah Batt Packs for over 18 months before before distribution.

A new 1800mah Minelab Batt Pack will cost you Over $100 after Shipping and Tax.

A New ML-2900 Batt Pack and 2 hour Smart Charger will Cost 129.00 no Tax and Free Shipping

Minelab makes one of the best machines in the World.....It's really nice not to worry about Batteries and just HUNT!

Have a Great New Year of Care Free Hunting

Read the Reviews MINELAB-BATT

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett GTAx500, Infinium L/S, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RNB will you be making a battery pack for the CTX3030 in the future?

STL8

Feb 27, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ML2900 ROCKS! Charges quicker, lasts much-much longer. Did I mention the charge lasts so much longer?:icon_thumleft:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love having access to these old threads....:hello2:.......answered my exact question I had about my new Etrac's charger:laughing7:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Agreed!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought the RNB for my explorer SE and two RNB-3100's for my DFX and V3i. They are fantastic!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions