Air Test Numbers (Explorer II)

photo-master

Jan 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Hi I have a minelab explorer II and was doing some air tests. I've seen the standard numbers for 90% Silver dimes and quarters are reported around 00-29 and I've see other tested on youtube be close to that. But my minelab is jumping around the numbers 6-24, and 8-26. Is my minelab out of wack or is this normal? Also If that is what my air test is showing I take it I should start digging those numbers? --However I do dig anything that sounds good regardless of number.

Air test numbers video I was using for reference:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For an inside air test that looked very normal to me. Don't rely on numbers much at all. Watching the screen will make you miss good targets.

Audio, audio, audio.

OP
OP
photo-master

photo-master

Jan 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Thanks Bart, good advice. But the video above is not me/mine it was just one that I was using as a reference, as my minelab is giving very different results.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely ignore the numbers on an Explorer. It's not a White's.

Use the smart find / your ears. If it's deep and has a high tone to it, then dig it. It's really that simple. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be.

OP
OP
photo-master

photo-master

Jan 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Thanks bazinga. It's just frustrating i've been digging allot of pennies and pulltabs... So i can find stuff but I'd like to learn the sound of silver, but I guess I'll keep digging junk. I was hoping maybe if i learn my minelab better I might be able to skip some trash...

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To learn a machine you HAVE to dig all of that. No way around it.

Fact is the silver to clad ratio is significant. Silver is not easy to find.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Use to hunt the land with the SE (no relics), All Metal, Ferrous tones, and Digital ID screen. Listen to all, once I find one that's interesting, I go for the screen and dig everything between 15-04 and 00-20..............these are all beach finds..most with the Excalibur

Attachments

• DSC_9555.jpg
    DSC_9555.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC_9526.jpg
    DSC_9526.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 221

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions