X-terra 705 box plate TID?

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As I am new to all this and have yet to find a box plate, button, or buckle, I was wonder if anyone could share what target ID numbers that plates typically come up as. I am digging alot of trash as I don't want to miss something notable but would like to be able to pass up some stuff with confidence I didn't just leave a treasure for someone else. Thanks in advance.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to say that knowing what numbers someone else has gotten on a certain target doesn't mean those number would apply to you. You are just going to have to dig it all as the numbers will be different even between the same brand of detector and models. Once you get one, you'll have an idea which range you should look at. Learn the detector your using.

OP
OP
fever87

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sandman said:
I am sorry to say that knowing what numbers someone else has gotten on a certain target doesn't mean those number would apply to you. You are just going to have to dig it all as the numbers will be different even between the same brand of detector and models. Once you get one, you'll have an idea which range you should look at. Learn the detector your using.

That's kinda what I thought. I am learning my machine, however, the beauty of a site like this is getting an idea of what others have learned and gaining knowledge from them.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lucky in having the Internet and this forum to be able to ask questions from like minded folks. When most of us started there wasn't anyone to ask advice or get direction except the dealers where we bought our first detectors. I remember wondering once if the MD would pickup on coins inside a Mason jar that was buried.

OP
OP
fever87

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sandman said:
Your lucky in having the Internet and this forum to be able to ask questions from like minded folks. When most of us started there wasn't anyone to ask advice or get direction except the dealers where we bought our first detectors. I remember wondering once if the MD would pickup on coins inside a Mason jar that was buried.
Yeah, but I can't quite keep up with the pace technology is advancing. My hunting buddy should up at our last hunt with his smart phone and a new app that allows him to map where he's been, mark where he found stuff and take a pic of it all with a few clicks. I still can barely get my voice mail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions