E-Trac finds gold...again...

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no idea who ever said, and it always goes around... 'the ETrac can not find gold'.
Maybe someone who never tried the ETrac?
Maybe someone who just hates the success people have had with the ETrac?
Maybe someone saw it posted somewhere and just repeating it?
...I have no idea, but some gold last year, and first gold for this year.

Today's HUNT

PLACE: local park. baseball field. third base line. people sit and watch the game under trees.
WITH: my GF (DiggerBee) using my AT Pro (to her it's 'her AT Pro') w/ 8.5x11 coil
DETECTOR: ETrac with stock Pro coil.
SETTINGS: stock coin program, auto sens +2, rec deep OFF, rec fast OFF, trash LOW, multi tones

FIND: '10kt' stamped gold girl's ring with light blue gem stone

We were hunting under trees that people sit under watching the baseball game at a local community baseball park. I keep the 'Display Timeout turned OFF, so that the last target hit stays on the screen until the next target is hit. As you can see in the picture, this is what I hit the the ring on on the ETrac screen. Depth was pretty much 'spot on'! Gold ring was about 3" down. We found a lot of clad coins and the ring HIT just as hard as a coin does. It hit solid both ways, never nulled, and held the 10-5 reading the whole time. I looked at my 'ETrac Target Card' and knew I had to dig it. I had a feeling it was a gold ring.

What's funny is that after I found it, I put it back in the hole and put the plug over it and my GF, DiggerBee, went over it with the AT Pro (standaard coin mode, sens set 2 bars from max) and it hopped around 40s-50s and she actually said 'she would not have dug it'. I probably would not have either. OUCH! Nice thing to be aware of as I use the AT Pro as my back-up when the weather looks like rain.

First gold of the year!

Attachments

• Ring 4-15-12.jpg
    Ring 4-15-12.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 927
  • Ring2  4-15-12.jpg
    Ring2 4-15-12.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 313
  • mack n floodway parks 4-15-12.jpg
    mack n floodway parks 4-15-12.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 249
  • ETrac Target Card Sheet.jpg
    ETrac Target Card Sheet.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,139

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome Viddy!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring, man! I'm surprised to see it come in at 10-05. But, I am a new user. This really opens the eyes. Thank you very much for the Target Card.

pbbFl.gif

DiggingNC

Apr 23, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.Great work on self training. You will learn and retain more of what you learned, than if someone showed you. Keep asking questions, put the knowledge to use in the field and FIND STUFF!!! Great job on the target card too. I'm gonna copy it. GL

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Gold ! The E-trak will find it, Just listen for the low tones.

Just a Suggestion, open up (remove the black line ) the top right corner of your program, that is where the Big silver comes in at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread