Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one about 3 weeks ago and I'm just starting to feel like I know something. I haven't been finding much clad but I have been finding better, older, deeper targets. I'm not in a position to give expert advice but I can tell you is that sometimes good, deep targets jump around on on the graph or digital reading so dig em'.

USE NOISE CANCEL - I didn't realize how important this was. Partly because the person I bought the machine from said that he didn't use it. Use it!

The best thing you can do is buy this book and don't rely on the manual teaching you much. It can be ordered from Andy's website and he'll sign it for you [if you want].

10412-2T.jpg

Books Main Storefront

That's all I'm certain about. That and the fact that you have a good machine so be patient.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great machine! Get Andys book!

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Thanks guys. After a little thought I caught the shipment and changed to an E-Trac. Looks like that book will be just what I need. Any help to shorten the learning curve is good.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great choice! You will love it! Holler if you have any questions!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread