MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...... its just Water proofed Etrac with color screen and not good balanced.

Big statement for something you've never seen more than a picture of.

As for the "time domain", the FBS technology in the E-Trac and Explorers use that, so that doesn't mean it's going to be a PI.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you read underwater?
I read water proof which means splash proof.

Waterproof is a specific term which seems misplaced or at the least ill-advised. Water resistant is the true term they should be using. Even scuba diving equipment will say water restitant to xxx feet.

nmarsh

Oct 23, 2006
Whiteboro,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,DetectorPro Pirate
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the 30 second demo of Minelabs new detector they tell you that the detector is waterproof to 10 feet just like Garretts AT Pro.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
That's one hell of an expensive toy right there. I'll stick with my cz for the time being, my wallet is not able to choke a horse at this time.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you read underwater?
I read water proof which means splash proof.

images

:dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one hell of an expensive toy right there. I'll stick with my cz for the time being, my wallet is not able to choke a horse at this time.

yes unfortunately those who set prices have full Wallets & several Bank accounts.

They don't realize not everyone can just say "New toy", "I Need it"

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you look at the icon top right under the video on Minelab.com it states water proof 10ft/3m, I would have to assume they don't mean you can throw it 10 feet in the air and spray it safely with a hose(splash proof).

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the icon top right under the video on Minelab.com it states water proof 10ft/3m, I would have to assume they don't mean you can throw it 10 feet in the air and spray it safely with a hose(splash proof).

Despite your poor attempt at humor, the problem with the 10ft depth rating is the amount of "fudge factor" built into that rating. The pressure at 10 feet deep (in the ocean) is 4.4 psi. You can create much more psi against the seals if you move the unit forcefully underwater, such as falling, having a wave crash over you, or just moving too fast.

If it's highly over engineered and the 10 foot depth is a safe limit, then it will be fine. This is the same problem Garrett had with the initial rollout of the AT-Pro.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Despite your poor attempt at humor, the problem with the 10ft depth rating is the amount of "fudge factor" built into that rating. The pressure at 10 feet deep (in the ocean) is 4.4 psi. You can create much more psi against the seals if you move the unit forcefully underwater, such as falling, having a wave crash over you, or just moving too fast.

If it's highly over engineered and the 10 foot depth is a safe limit, then it will be fine. This is the same problem Garrett had with the initial rollout of the AT-Pro.

I'll refrain from joining in the social tactlessness you enjoy, and just respond. My post had nothing to do with how far under water it can safely go, it was referring to it "only being splash proof". It does not matter if it is 2' or 200' they would not put a depth on it, if it were merely splash proof. As you so eloquently stated, the actual depth may vary but if it was not submersable at all, and they placed a depth rating on it, they would be in a lot of trouble after the first person dunked it and it ceased to function.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll refrain from joining in the social tactlessness you enjoy, and just respond.

Wow, if saying "poor attempt at humor" is being socially tactless, you must have real issues with daily living.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, if saying "poor attempt at humor" is being socially tactless, you must have real issues with daily living.

It was minor yes, I just get ticked off at the pattern of cutting down or getting a little jab in from certain posters every time they have a contradictory point or disagree with someone, everyone does it from time to time, some just to a fault. Over reaction? Yes I cannot disagree.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the weight is over five pounds, which I think is even heavier than the e-trac - although the high mount battery pack will help counterbalance somewhat it is sadly still too heavy for some of us weakling women. I am crushed - was praying for a lighter version of an e-trac.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
How about a full blown Etrac packaged in a waterproof design down to fifty feet, scratch that, make it 250 feet. It has bright state-of-the-art color LCD crap, day or night. This thing weights 2.7 pounds soaking wet. It's waterproof in salt water too. Speaking of, it has salt mode. It has the best selection of coil designs and sizes in the industry. It has a lifetime warranty. It gets fifty hours on modern batteries. It costs $350,000,000.

I posted this in Feb 2011. Was I close?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The big 17" coil is just stupendous, it's over the top, it's smashing, it's the cat's meow, it's a bit scary. The small 6" is incredible. NO PRICING YET????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread