Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    131 times
    Metal Detecting

MINELABS NEW DETECTOR CTX 3030

Have you seen the latest detector from Minelab??..The new underwater CTX 3030...Looks impressive!! What a surprise!! Check it out at Minelabs website!!

Here's the link:
    http://www.ctx3030.com/
    Last edited by Newfiehunter; May 03, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

us
    May 2011
    6 times
    How much is the question ,looks amazing !

ca
    Oct 2007
    Newfoundland
    Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1000, Fisher1266X,Tesoro Cibola
    131 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGING1971GUY View Post
    I agree.. Bet it will cost a pretty penny!! But it does look awesome!! Can't wait to see how it will perform!!

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    228 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Waterproof (like an AT pro I think./....10 Ft?) Wireless and color screen!

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1492 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The gps feature doesn't worry you guys? To locate itself doesn't it need to send data?
    Or maybe it is nothing more than a gps locator?
    eclecticspoons likes this.

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    65 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    The gps feature doesn't worry you guys? To locate itself doesn't it need to send data?
    My only worry is it wasting battery. I don't see a real need for a gps on a detector. I know where I found stuff.

us
    Oct 2009
    1912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave44 View Post
    No it doesnt need to send anything. GPS works by reading time data from satellites.

us
    Oct 2009
    1912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bazinga View Post
    My only worry is it wasting battery. I don't see a real need for a gps on a detector. I know where I found stuff.
    I could see it being a nice feature at certain times, but I agree that I would like to be able to turn it off when no needed.

The only thing about this new machine that has me intrigued is the FBS2. I wonder what they have changed with it?

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2676 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Only time will tell. In the end it all comes down to "How well it can hunt, it's versatility, and the quality of product and service"...without those things the rest is all just consumer bells and whistles. But until we get the real scoop on it.....who knows. $$$$.....at least that much is pretty certain.
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

us
    Supreme Chancellor

Oct 2005
    High Five!
    65 times
    Another concern is pinpointing. I'm not sure how the cable is connected to the machine, so I wonder how a sunray probe might attach to it. I dig too many holes with multiple targets in it and there is just no way I could go to a single tone probe and dig out each nail one by one until I find the target I was looking for in the first place.

If it works equal to (or better than) the explorer/etrac line of machines and could be as light as some of Fisher's machines, I would probably pay 2k+ for it.

But if I have to dig out 5 pieces of trash with a crummy pinpointer before I get my coin out, that would kill the machine in my eyes.

I can't have it all I guess, haha.

lt
    Jun 2009
    minelab explorer xs
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGING1971GUY View Post
    Looks Etrac with different shaft and GPS, I think it will cost 2650 or more.

cz
    Nov 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Minelab CTX3030 + XP Déus 2.0
    Regarding price - found somewhere 1.669GBP price tag - above the threshold where I do not have to consult purchase with my wife :-((( . I second the opinion on usefulness of GPS - I have always 3-5 GPS's (or rather gadgets with GPS tracking feature - 2 iPhones, wristwatch, Garmin Oregon, digital camera, etc.) with me, but what I REALLY like is the wireless. Seems like Minelab learned a lot from XP Deus success. I'm using E-Trac like 90% of the time, but sometimes "steal" Deus from my son and search with it - that freedom to lay down the detector and move freely without being tight to a headphone rope is refreshing ;-) If there's a change I hunt on speaker with E-Trac, but that's not always possible... I'm also keen to learn what is the max lentght of the longest piece (shaft?) when dissembled - here in Germany I cannot simply go with detector on the street without being suspicious so I have it dissembled in my bag and putting it together on the location only... BTW, black-camo version of CTX3030 looks even nicer than the standard camouflage version on the vid -
    main: Minelab CTX3030 + Ebinger GPP backup: XP Déus 2.0 + Garrett ProPointer best of 2012: 1360 hammered silver "Prague" penny (Charles The 4th aka Karolus Primus), late 15th century spear arrow

"Life is either daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller

lt
    Jun 2009
    minelab explorer xs
    8 times
    Eyesight its very easy to use wireless headphones now on Etrac so many to choose from.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5620 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Only time will tell. In the end it all comes down to "How well it can hunt, it's versatility, and the quality of product and service"...without those things the rest is all just consumer bells and whistles. But until we get the real scoop on it.....who knows. $$$$.....at least that much is pretty certain.

Exactly !

us
    Jun 2009
    Long Island E-end
    Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
    64 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Looks like a glorified e-trac with a lot of useless junk on it $$$$ come on do i hunt in 35,000 acre corn fields ? and need GPS looking for a stupid bullet 18" in the ground during a rain storm get real Minelab.
    If Mother Earth give,s us precious metals like gold silver copper and iron why leave them in the ground to disappear forever , dig them out and save History !!

4-12-2011 Retired from the Rat Race by Choice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors