Minelab CTX3030 My Thoughts Before It Gets here....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some may have already read this. I am seeing a lot of the same here as on the other forums, and I wanted to weigh in. First off I want to say until Minelab releases the rest of the info, this is just to voice my opinion on what is coming. For me I can’t wait for it to be released on the 28th. I like the stability of their last release(E-Trac), and use it regularly, and if the CTX3030 is an improvement in depth and target identification over the E-Trac then I definitely want it.

Price well, I think you get what you pay for. Minelab, in my opinion, has never struck out when it comes to tech. There may be things that you don’t want in a detector like the Gps, comp link, but Minelab put in a lot of what the consumer’s were asking for. If all of those features are not what you are wanting, don’t fork the extra cash, buy something that does, E-Trac, F75, AT-Pro, Xp Deus, ect. If you want it all then maybe, just maybe they have something for us to look forward to.

The other thing to think about, is when Minelab releases a product, it goes through a rigorous testing stage. I have seen other companies that rushed their product into production to “beat the other guy” and a lot of problems were left untested, and was left up to the purchasing user to find them.. More like your paying to test their product… I don’t like the idea at all. Yes, there may be still a few bugs, but I think with the testers that have had this machine already and are proving it with it’s use, I believe the finished product will be one of the greatest machines Minelab has put out, I expect no less and neither should the rest of you.

Whenever Minelab releases something, it is usually tech that others haven’t touched. This time Minelab opened the door to other tech’s that are in other brand’s machines. Color screen-Whites, waterproof-Garrett, Fisher TBA, wireless(sort a)-Xp.. But most of them can’t touch the depth and ID, at the same time, and remain stable as in the Full Band Spectrum Advancement. Some readers are already complaining about price and weight when that information hasn’t been released. Again, on price, you are going to get what you pay for, and from what I have seen, a lot more. Weight, alot of rumors are flying, but if the machine balances well in the hand it can make the difference. I use all types of detectors and welcome any new tech, especially from the “Lab".

I can remember when the E-Trac came out how there were bad things said like it’s too expensive or too heavy. Now if you ask someone what is the Deepest Coin/Correct ID machine, you will hear 9 times out of 10, E-Trac. This statement has been proven by thousands of users. Most will agree with that, even if they don’t own one. That is a powerful statement about a machine. On the other hand, there have been other brands that have come out and the hype was high. People said “this is going to be the best thing and it will have the other companies scrambling”. Then when the machine was released, they fought the first 6 months of release with technical/build issues or the machines are still not what said to come.

So until the CTX3030 has the coil on the ground in the hands of one of us, it is only pure speculation.
With all of the negativity, I wanted to remind the ones that are bashing the machine, when has Minelab released a bad machine? Minelab's tech and builds are always the target of the rest of the industry's goals. Since I was 11 I have seen a lot of detectors come out.. I have never seen such negativity for a release, except when the E-Trac came out, but look how it turned out..
I for one can’t wait and be assured as soon as it is released I will be trying to get one… and as soon as it arrives at my door a video or 2 or 3 will be made. Just my 2 cents. GH

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've always been a Garrett fan but I can't wait to see the specs on this one and will probably be getting one by the end of the year if I see/read is what i'm looking for.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think ML may have hit another homerun on this one..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some may have already read this. I am seeing a lot of the same here as on the other forums, and I wanted to weigh in. First off I want to say until Minelab releases the rest of the info, this is just to voice my opinion on what is coming. For me I can’t wait for it to be released on the 28th. I like the stability of their last release(E-Trac), and use it regularly, and if the CTX3030 is an improvement in depth and target identification over the E-Trac then I definitely want it.

Price well, I think you get what you pay for. Minelab, in my opinion, has never struck out when it comes to tech. There may be things that you don’t want in a detector like the Gps, comp link, but Minelab put in a lot of what the consumer’s were asking for. If all of those features are not what you are wanting, don’t fork the extra cash, buy something that does, E-Trac, F75, AT-Pro, Xp Deus, ect. If you want it all then maybe, just maybe they have something for us to look forward to.

The other thing to think about, is when Minelab releases a product, it goes through a rigorous testing stage. I have seen other companies that rushed their product into production to “beat the other guy” and a lot of problems were left untested, and was left up to the purchasing user to find them.. More like your paying to test their product… I don’t like the idea at all. Yes, there may be still a few bugs, but I think with the testers that have had this machine already and are proving it with it’s use, I believe the finished product will be one of the greatest machines Minelab has put out, I expect no less and neither should the rest of you.

Whenever Minelab releases something, it is usually tech that others haven’t touched. This time Minelab opened the door to other tech’s that are in other brand’s machines. Color screen-Whites, waterproof-Garrett, Fisher TBA, wireless(sort a)-Xp.. But most of them can’t touch the depth and ID, at the same time, and remain stable as in the Full Band Spectrum Advancement. Some readers are already complaining about price and weight when that information hasn’t been released. Again, on price, you are going to get what you pay for, and from what I have seen, a lot more. Weight, alot of rumors are flying, but if the machine balances well in the hand it can make the difference. I use all types of detectors and welcome any new tech, especially from the “Lab".

I can remember when the E-Trac came out how there were bad things said like it’s too expensive or too heavy. Now if you ask someone what is the Deepest Coin/Correct ID machine, you will hear 9 times out of 10, E-Trac. This statement has been proven by thousands of users. Most will agree with that, even if they don’t own one. That is a powerful statement about a machine. On the other hand, there have been other brands that have come out and the hype was high. People said “this is going to be the best thing and it will have the other companies scrambling”. Then when the machine was released, they fought the first 6 months of release with technical/build issues or the machines are still not what said to come.

So until the CTX3030 has the coil on the ground in the hands of one of us, it is only pure speculation.
With all of the negativity, I wanted to remind the ones that are bashing the machine, when has Minelab released a bad machine? Minelab's tech and builds are always the target of the rest of the industry's goals. Since I was 11 I have seen a lot of detectors come out.. I have never seen such negativity for a release, except when the E-Trac came out, but look how it turned out..
I for one can’t wait and be assured as soon as it is released I will be trying to get one… and as soon as it arrives at my door a video or 2 or 3 will be made. Just my 2 cents. GH

Great post and I agree completely. That is why I find all this "pre-release" marketing build up khrap so darn annoying - they don't need to do it. Just release it, tell us how much to pay, and let's get to detecting!

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like new tech.. that's just how I am.. I'm about as serious as I can about detecting and finding the past buried in the ground. So when a company like Minelab release something with new tech and extras that can help me spend more time digging and less time trying to decide whether I should dig or not, then I want it. just my opin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread