getting a quattro any tips or info

barber

Jun 21, 2005
Yakima,WA
Detector(s) used
XTerra 70 Xterra 705
I had one, there's quite a lot to learn, it is a slow mover, but it's a good detector in my opinion

OP
OP
S

sollyman

May 26, 2012
aurora, indiana
Detector(s) used
have used garrett at pro,mine lab quattro and 705,tesero tiger shark,currently ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks barber, i am excited to learn i like the 705 and am ready to learn the quattro thanks for info.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi

The Quattro has been part of my "fleet" for 4 years now. Although it got me a sore arm (tendinitis is not pleasant), it is probably the best damp/wet beach machine I ever had. The darn thing is a gold magnet, providing you know your beaches and know where gold is likely to be found.

Settings, well, it is also a matter of persoal taste.

The best setting to find a wide variety of targets is all metal, with -10 AND +40 notched out, low trash, and sens at 20 if the conditions allow. That is for clean patches.

In high ferrous pollution, I set the sens as low as 4 and still get good results.

Now, if you're at potential gold places, with sens at MAX and get an iffy signal, that is one where the ID number will jump BUT ONLY IN THE POSITIVE RANGE, check the spot with pinpont. If there is evidence of metal, DIG!!!. Now that will be (very) deep, and sometimes very rewarding.

Don't forget to noise cancel every now and then, it helps too.

A Helluva detector !

Grumpy

OP
OP
S

sollyman

May 26, 2012
aurora, indiana
Detector(s) used
have used garrett at pro,mine lab quattro and 705,tesero tiger shark,currently ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Grumpy it is greatly appreciated I am going to be learning the quattro with my son so I will have help,the settings I will try.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You're welcome !

Feel free to ask if other questions cross your mind after first hours of use.

HH

Grumpy

audigger73

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2011
I too have a quattro,several whites a sand shark and a few others. Quattro is a great beach machine you wont be disapointed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread