Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is really no comparison...For the money, the Whites is a much better machine...I can attest to this because I have used both the V3i, and the dirty 30. I was so disappointed in the ctx with the huge price tag thinking it might be the next super machine....Boy was I wrong! Save yourself a bunch of cash and go with the White's you wont regret it. I sold my personal CTX last week, buying the White's, and pocketing some cash! You can call us toll free to discuss the performance test. I put a good honest 100 hours on the "Etrac with chrome" The White's outperformed the Minelab CTX 30-30 in Culpeper Va, and most of the Eastern US. ( The White's MXT even did better) Everyone knows aropund here we will only announce the honest news on manufactures products, and it just solely our opinions. The field tests we perform are accurate diggging natural targets, in natural undisturbed enviroments. The White's is STILL America's favorite....And American Made too...And you all know about White's unbeatable customer service.

Though I haven"t found my share of Gold rings like everyone else,I do believe in my Surf PI,,& my Mxt Pro,,like everything else keep on Learning sounds,tones get to love your machine !!
I was thinking of getting the 3030,thinking it was my machine that wasn't finding goods like everyone else,but for me I believe if you really get to know your machine & make it your best friend in turn your machine will SHOW YOU THE FINDS:headband: Also being at the right place at the right time sure helps:hello2:

I have to make my machine's pay for itself before even considering another,someone told me when you least expect you will find,,& besides I'm pretty sure White's will come out with another---MADE IN THE USA,,,,GOD BLESS AMERICA:icon_thumleft:

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Realredrebel,
Pattern 1 discrimination for blanking out iron.
Occasionally I will change to a custom pattern leaving only the top right quadrant open for copper, silver, bronze, and lead depending on the ground conditions.

Auto noise cancel. I do this with the coil on the ground, not a foot off the surface. It makes a difference.

As for sensitivity, I use auto level 0 to +2 depending on conditions. The processor is fast enough that you do not need to run -3 to -1. This is only for finding surface coins while moving the coil at a faster speed. I would not recommend +3. The processor has a has a hard time keeping up with +3 unless you are searching for very deep targets in a clean, non mineralized soil while moving the coil at a very slow rate. Generally, manual sensitivity is between 23-27. If you are using the 17" coil, 21-25 is a better option.

Only use ground balance while searching at courthouses or churches, where mineralized soil is common. For parks, fields, and beaches it is not necessary. Areas with deep rusty nails from construction require ground balance. If you need ground balance, read the manual.

I have wireless turned off, even though I use AKG k840 wireless headphones.

I keep gain at 24. I like a quieter hum, so I use 15 for threshold.

Keep volume limit at 30 and pitch at 15.

Mode 1 - coins. I use an edited mode slightly different from mode 1 depending on the conditions. Normal response with fast and deep recovery.

I use ferrous coin for churches and courthouses.
Ground coin for parks.

I hope this helps!
Brian

Hey Brian,

I am curious about the bolded part. I never equated running auto sensitivity with a + or -, with having anything to do with processor speed. Why do you think that running +3 requires more processor speed? Isn't it just increasing the signal receive strength - thereby allowing deeper detection? I imagine it picks up targets deeper then, yeah, but I ran the E-Trac on 30 manual in medium + level iron all the time with no problems. And it detected deeper there than with auto +3 (if auto was below 24ish). My soil is also somewhat iron mineralized. It got coins and rings down to 9" with the stock with regularity, that seemed approaching the limits in my ground. In higher mineralization, I agree, it would be like brights in the fog.

Thanks,
Albert

Ground Inspector

Feb 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
18" Excelerator Coil
Minelab CTX 3030
06 Smart Coil
17 Smart Coil
Garret Propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Albert,
Figuring out sensitivity is very tricky. +3 sensitivity or 30 sensitivity can be used in most detectable locations. The coil speed must be very slow so you can hear the hum/threshold. I have used the SE pro for several years and preferred 24-28. If you want to cover a decent amount of ground you don't want +3 or 29-30.

I have found dimes at 8" and penny's at 10" with 28 on the SE pro. I have found deeper with an 18" excel coil. With the CTX, the threshold is much more constant at 28 for identical ground conditions-due to a faster processor. If the threshold is not audible, the processor can't keep up with the coil movements and is simply not receiving signals. The SE pro blanked out frequently with high sensitivity in highly mineralized soil or soil with a lot or iron. Thus the sensitivity needed to be lowered. The cone narrows and deepens with higher sensitivity. The CTX manages sensitivity very well with an improved processor especially in mineralized soil. The processor is "identical" according to the specs on Minelab's website. However it is a newer version (3 years after the E-trac). The faster processor can "think/determine" what is in the soil much faster with better accuracy. Signals are sent more frequently with a faster processor. The processor doesn't change the signal strength. The depth is minimally better.

For example, recently I went to a central park that had been hunted for over 30 years and produced hundreds of 1800s coins with the SE pro and E-trac. The mineralization was very high. Sensitivity was set to 26. Any higher, and the threshold was not audible. My first trip to the park with the CTX resulted in several old coin found near large iron objects. The slower processors can not determine that a coin is near iron. The machine blanked out. The SE pro even had trouble with dimes near nails. The CTX doesn't. The CTX processor can tell that a dime is near a rusty nail, just a nail, or just a dime.

Brian
PM me for other questions/comments. I don't want to trail off from the original post.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who are skeptical about hunting in mineralized ground with the V3i I was hunting alongside an Etrac earlier this year in an old football field that had all kinds of cinder, nails etc etc., where I can't hardly touch anything with my MXT and pulled 2 mercs at about 8-10 inches where the Etrac couldn't hunt except around the edges of the field because of the cinder, I pointed him towards an area where I had previously found a silver GW earlier and he managed to get a wheat. I thought that I was going overboard when I bought my V3i but I don't regret it.

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
For those who are skeptical about hunting in mineralized ground with the V3i I was hunting alongside an Etrac earlier this year in an old football field that had all kinds of cinder, nails etc etc., where I can't hardly touch anything with my MXT and pulled 2 mercs at about 8-10 inches where the Etrac couldn't hunt except around the edges of the field because of the cinder, I pointed him towards an area where I had previously found a silver GW earlier and he managed to get a wheat. I thought that I was going overboard when I bought my V3i but I don't regret it.

Could you answer 2 questions please? (This one doesn't count :laughing7: )
What ground readings did the V3i give (using ground probe)? The ground here that I can't get depth in with it reads at -92 to -93 VDI and around 2%. That is a high level of iron mineralization in that 2%.
Can you get that depth in 3 frequency? I couldn't but it was a little better, not good, in single frequency.

I'm curious how some guys are getting depth in minerlazed ground with the V3i. Would be nice to know for prospective buyers what ground it works in and what ground it doesn't.

Thanks for the info,
Albert

Last edited:

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could you answer 2 questions please? (This one doesn't count :laughing7: )
What ground readings did the V3i give (using ground probe)? The ground here that I can't get depth in with it reads at -92 to -93 VDI and around 2%. That is a high level of iron mineralization in that 2%.
Can you get that depth in 3 frequency? I couldn't but it was a little better, not good, in single frequency.

I'm curious how some guys are getting depth in minerlazed ground with the V3i. Would be nice to know for prospective buyers what ground it works in and what ground it doesn't.

Thanks for the info,
Albert
I'll have to check the ground next time I go there which might be later in the fall because there's about 3 feet of grass there because it's an old highschool football field they don't take care of anymore, I actually back off my RX gain to about 6 when I hunt there cause it really helps with all that cinder, when I run at 10 I get a lot of noise from all the small bits of iron, also a silver dime there actually has a reading I wouldn't normally dig because I'll get wrap around from the 7.5kHz but at this spot I dig them signals with great results. You probably already figured I was running 3 freq by now, about the only time I'll run in single frequency is when there's a lot of EMI which is not a problem at this spot. Shallow coins read normal there but I rarely find one because people have been hunting this spot for years heavily, especially after they tore down the school back around 1990.

Last edited:

firefighter254

Sep 21, 2008
I agree the etrac and the v3i sre good machines,but the etrac is better then the v3i in my opinion it goes deeper and the target separation is better then the v3i. Now i also own the CTX3030 and it's better then both the etrac and the v3i. The target separation on the ctx 3030 is by far better and it id's better then the etrac and the v3i i detect more then most and can say the ctx 3030 although pricey is the future of detecting iv'e used it at old home sites park's and schools and the features are fantastic the target id and separation in trashy areas are in a class of there own. Try one out in your own hunting conditions and make your own decision

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My personal opinion is..... well just personal.. I don't thing there is a mayor difference between 3030, V3i, Etrack, Deus, ecc...ecc... it all depends on the user, on his own experience, on his personal taste, and on his knowledge on one detector or the other. Probably some will find more things with one brand or the other, at the end all those detectors are good detectors, and probably all of them will have their pros and cons.
I have the V3i just because I love whites, how they are made and I like the company.

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
My personal opinion is..... well just personal.. I don't thing there is a mayor difference between 3030, V3i, Etrack, Deus, ecc...ecc... it all depends on the user, on his own experience, on his personal taste, and on his knowledge on one detector or the other. Probably some will find more things with one brand or the other, at the end all those detectors are good detectors, and probably all of them will have their pros and cons.
I have the V3i just because I love whites, how they are made and I like the company.

With due respect, "ground" is a very IMPORTANT variable. In more moderate ground I do not doubt what you say - I would agree. But a very experienced hunter, hunting in difficult ground with the wrong machine, will not get it to go (much if any) deeper. I loved the V3i, loved the adjustability, the screen, 3 freq pinpoint, etc. but in my somewhat iron mineralized ground, it didn't get depth beyond 7" or so. When I say I tried most possibly every combination, I'm not just spouting, I really did. Then I spoke with other experienced hunters that were having problems getting depth in somewhat (or worse) iron mineralized ground. One of them tried an E-Trac (which I am not affiliated with, promoting, etc.) and started getting depth like me.

So, I wondered, since the V3i is running 3 frequencies and machines like the Fisher CZ's and E-Trac are apparently running 2 (yes, the E-Trac appears to be receiving on 2), if the V3i putting it's energy across 3 frequencies and not 2 was causing it a depth loss IN CERTAIN soils. It's all I could come up with.

This is no knock against the V3i, I really liked it - watch my videos on youtube - earthmansurfer69. I got what I am saying on video. I tried many more settings than were in the videos, but the videos did catch most of them. I do think technology is an extremely large part of the equation in certain soils and/or conditions (e.g. EMI, trash, etc.).

Albert

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[There is really no comparison...For the money, the Whites is a much better machine...I can attest to this because I have used both the V3i, and the dirty 30. I was so disappointed in the ctx with the huge price tag thinking it might be the next super machine....Boy was I wrong! Save yourself a bunch of cash and go with the White's you wont regret it. I sold my personal CTX last week, buying the White's, and pocketing some cash! You can call us toll free to discuss the performance test. I put a good honest 100 hours on the "Etrac with chrome" The White's outperformed the Minelab CTX 30-30 in Culpeper Va, and most of the Eastern US. ( The White's MXT even did better) Everyone knows aropund here we will only announce the honest news on manufactures products, and it just solely our opinions. The field tests we perform are accurate diggging natural targets, in natural undisturbed enviroments. The White's is STILL America's favorite....And American Made too...And you all know about White's unbeatable customer service. /QUOTE]

WOW! I love a person who calls them like he sees them. This king of the mountain debate will go on and on. None of you even mentioned the Deus. Everyone will have their favorite. Enjoy your detector and get out there.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So, I wondered, since the V3i is running 3 frequencies and machines like the Fisher CZ's and E-Trac are apparently running 2 (yes, the E-Trac appears to be receiving on 2), if the V3i putting it's energy across 3 frequencies and not 2 was causing it a depth loss IN CERTAIN soils. It's all I could come up with.
Albert

This is a very interesting statement I have never read before, could you please clarify it. I thought that the detector couldn't work 28 frequencies at the same time but just 2??? Where did you find this out?

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
This is a very interesting statement I have never read before, could you please clarify it. I thought that the detector couldn't work 28 frequencies at the same time but just 2??? Where did you find this out?

Carl from Whites said the following on another forum (you can do a google search and find the thread):
It is also an easy way to determine that the so-called 17-frequency BBS is really only 2 frequencies, and no more. They are roughly 3.125kHz and 25kHz. I haven't bothered to probe an FBS design but the identical transmit waveform dictates that it is also a 2-frequency design.

I have heard of others saying similar things regarding two frequencies and the E-Trac. If you think of chip technology from the days of the early FBS and even BBS machines, it wasn't possible for those chips to relatively quickly process and listen so many channels coming in at once. That is a huge clue imo. The V3i uses a multi core chip, it has to - It still might be the fastest chip out there. The CTX has the same chip as the E-Trac (verified from Minelab) but a few years newer and substantially faster.

It has been said many times that the V3i gets it's best depth in single frequency due to the energy being focused and not shared (as in 3 freq). Perhaps the ability to choose 1 or 3 freq is partly to blame, as FBS machines and CZ's are always in multi freq - no choice.

The other thing that might have given the E-Trac an advantage over the V3i in iron mineralized ground is the E-Tracs way of ground balancing - it is more like ground removal, very unique I must say. I am not pro Minelab btw - stayed away from them for years but the E-Trac changed that for me after trying it. The Fisher CZ's I heard sometimes do better in bad ground than the E-Tracs and that is interesting as they have a regular GB, like a V3i.

There must be something about certain ground that just gives specific detectors fits. There are spots (I hear) where the E-Trac won't hunt well in, but another VLF machine will shine. Even looking at the Deus, it is amazing how well it hunts in bad ground for a single frequency machine.

Albert

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Well I suspected this, I knew it was very difficult for a detector to process a total of 28 frequencies at the same time. And I bet that whites got an etrack and made complete tests on it before giving that statement.
Anyway I have also read that etracks' aren't god at all in iron infested areas.
Anyway time will tell how the 3030 works out. It is still too soon to have real responses since every one that buyes one has to see it as the best detector in the world, and that is just normal for the first months.
Let's give it some time and we shall see. I have read reviews on the 3030 that state it isn't any better than the etrack and that all those depth finds aren't true because it will be just as deep as the etrack and no more than that. Anyway who wants to dig a 15in hole to find a penny? Not me.

coinster

Mar 7, 2012
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, White's V3i, MXT Pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just my 2 cents.

I have the CTX 3030, V3i and the MXT Pro. The CTX 3030 is a very nice machine, however my findings thus far concerning the aforementioned is the CTX 3030 recovery speed is zero to nothing compared to the V3i. The V3i user doesn’t have to settle for an on or off fast recovery option as they do with the CTX 3030. I can adjust my recovery rate with the V3i to match my conditions/settings. If its depth your after with the V3i then drop to one frequency and make required adjustments. You can tweak to your hearts content. You can’t be lazy with the V3i; you will have to get into the settings. This machine was developed with the user in mind giving them every option available to tweak this machine for maximum performance. The CTX 3030 separation/recovery is frustrating and slow compared to the V3i. With the CTX, I’ m finding myself going over and over the target trying to analyze the target before I can finally make a rational decision to unearth it, unless I just want to dig it all, not to mention we’re back to digging nails again. This is not a basis option just my findings. I have tried CTX setups from other users and have found none that gives me depth, separation or recovery as I have read but some feel the same compared to the V3i I’m sure. On the CTX I have found myself having to swing the coil over another area to get the TID to display again once it thinks it has located a good target, the TID drop window disappears and doesn't change or keep up with the target(s) it has located. I’m still trying; I’m not one to give up easily. I want to like and use both machines. Last but not least concerning the MXT, it is a great turn on and go machine. It doesn’t have the depth as the V3i. If I’m using factory settings on both the V3i and the MXT and going head to head competition for surface coins the MXT is going to stay with the V3i.

At this point I’ll have to agree with woodland Detectors.

Best of luck to everyone, and I like you would rather be dirt fishing.

Mike

Last edited:

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traded up to a CTX3030 from a Safari! What a difference. I also call it the Beast! I have been finding deep coins in places I have hunted out with my Fisher CZ-6A "I love this new machine".

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Mike - I can agree with a lot of what you are saying:

Nails - Yes, the CTX will false on them more than the V3i did (and the V3i was better than the E-Trac). That said, I don't dig a lot of nails, maybe 2 per hunt, not bad for 20 hours on a machine.
Recovery - Yes, the CTX is not as fast as the V3i. But it's also not as fast as the Omega 8000 which I also had. But in moderate plus iron, the E-Trac outperformed my V3i and Omega. Don't expect FBS machines to do as well in recovery speed tests. Check my videos out, I tested the CTX and it is pretty fast, but no, it's not as fast as the V3i and maybe close to the Omega. My bet is they put the chip in the coil to get it where it is, again because FBS is different. You can't compare it in quite the same way. I tested the V3i to no end and yes, you could adjust the recovery speed to no end. But, you know what I found? Not once on a real world target did it matter on hitting it. I could slow it down and it hit it - signal was longer. I could speed it up and it clipped it. I'm sure there will be times when that changes, but my point is, it doesn't appear to be a big deal outside of preference.
Coil must clear target to VID - Yes, I've mentioned this in my videos. It is substantially better than the E-Trac in that you don't always have to clear the coil. I do find this annoying at times, but not a deal breaker. It doesn't ever cause me to miss targets. On the V3i, it has a similar problem. The VDI is often skipped on swings for no reason, not as bad, but it is skipped (and not due to recovery speed, not sure what it is, but on some sweeps it doesn't hit the target, not a big deal either though. Saw this in my videos and others videos.)

But here is where I disagree point blank though, at least in my soil. I have videos to back it up and I tried most settings.
Depth - I tried to get depth from the V3i in my somewhat iron mineralized ground (Ground probe said 1%-2%, VDI at -92 to -93). In 3 frequency, most of the time it was 7" max and at that level an on the VDI was all over the place. I don't find 7" particularly deep. And I find 3 frequency a blast to hunt in (love the pinpoint). But if I have to hunt in single frequency, well then I would rather not hunt. And in single frequency I couldn't hit the many 8" coins I found on the E-Trac. I know others have said different but I tried everything and I have it on video. I think it is my ground to be fair as the V3i is a great machine, just not in my soil. Thus far the CTX is hitting 8" coins MUCH BETTER than the E-Trac - and again, I got it on video. Lack of depth is what drove me away from the V3i. I also have a friend with worse soil than me who found the same to be true.
Analysis - There is not much on the CTX that you need to do in the way of signal analysis. The V3i allows the 3 frequency analysis in pinpoint and I have always missed that. For jewelery hunters the analysis features on the V3i could be nice, but I was never able to use it with certainty and it didn't go beyond 6", just like target trace on the CTX. On the CTX the one thing I do analyze is comparing signals via the shortcuts (settings and tone ID modes) - same as on the V3i essentially. I love the CTX's target splatter, VERY SIMILAR to the V3i's that I remember (which is adjustable). I am not sure what you mean with analysis slowing you down on the CTX as the V3i has a lot more of it and I often played with settings on targets, but I think that is up to the user, not a bad thing on either machine if you don't want it to be.

For all the adjust-ability of the V3i, I have to say, I eventually settled on settings I liked (and didn't tweak so much, it just slowed things down) but I do wish the CTX had more adjust-ability (again, not a deal breaker). But there is a thread on a forum from a tester where we are putting suggestions in and Minelab will include some of those (like iron volume) in a software update in the future. Very very nice feature to have, like on the Deus.

Something to add:
Balance - The V3i's balance was worse than the E-Trac. Most say this, but not all. Perhaps we have different injuries and we feel it differently. One thing is sure, the CTX, as heavy as it is, is perfectly balanced. I feel it in my shoulders but it's not like a back pain, easily can handle it (so far).

Is the CTX worth $2500? I say no (I don't waterhunt), but I bought it because I loved the E-Trac so much but my back couldn't handle the balance. The V3i's screen is better than the CTX imo, better contrast. Now I'm happy, but broke. If money was an issue, I'd go back to the Omega 8000. On coins it is VERY CLOSE in performance to the E-Trac and V3i, sooo close. Not as deep but still nice.

Regarding Woodland Detectors review - I'm not saying he's wrong in his soil, but there did seem to be something personal to his review. He could have worded it differently being that he is a dealer, that didn't make much sense.

So, a lot of guys are saying certain things, but I back it with video. Since you have a few machines, it would be nice to get your words on video. And this isn't a challenge to you. All I'm saying is it's a help. In my ground I show one thing and in your ground you can show the V3i performs. I don't care about the brand, just the result. No machine is perfect is what I have found. We have to accept each machines shortcomings.

Videos - http://www,youtube.com/user/earthmansurfer69?feature=mhee

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see You are not a Minelab Dealer. This must be the reason your trashing the CTX3030. Please go to the Whites site to do your Trash talk. I am not a dealer, I Love my CTX3030.I have own Whites, Garrett, Fisher, & Minelab over the years. The Minelab site is for Minelab owners to share there finds & learn more about the Detectors they own!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
richrider99 said:
I see You are not a Minelab Dealer. This must be the reason your trashing the CTX3030. Please go to the Whites site to do your Trash talk. I am not a dealer, I Love my CTX3030.I have own Whites, Garrett, Fisher, & Minelab over the years. The Minelab site is for Minelab owners to share there finds & learn more about the Detectors they own!

Yeah too bad we aren't in a site but in a forum and I could trash minelab products on any place I would like. I like whites and I think the v3i is a great machine as I think the 3030 is good but overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Mole Man

Jun 24, 2012
Longview, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i

White's XLT

Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my V3i almost 2-yrs ago now and love it. Not even considering a new detector for quite some time. Granted, I haven't used the CTX, and it did look to have a few new bells & whistles I would be interested in, but I am sticking with White's due to the history I have with them and the confidence, customer service, and overall usability. It's a tough choice, so do your homework. The last thing you want to do is research all these units, take out a second mortgage to buy one:laughing7:, and then end up frustrated and negative. Best of luck and look forward to seeing what you get:icon_thumleft:
I interpreted his statement as...not only the v3i outperformed the CTX the mxt in some instances did too. I have a V3i and have used an MXT. The V3i is in a league all it's own in my opinion. If you are ready to make the jump to the V3i then do so. Just know there will be some extra learning (manageable) regarding the V3i. I was going to get a CTX, but I trust this guys opinion. The V3i has been a great detector for me and it looks like it will continue to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread