CTX3030 which dealer to buy from and why

Greenie
Oct 15, 2010
I say use Bart at bigboyhobbies. I was reticent to spend the money on my recently purchased 3030 from him. He answered all my questions via email and on the phone thoroughly. And believe me I had asked a lot of questions. He is very easy to get a hold of and even answers his emails on Sundays. Shipping was fast. I ended up getting a pin pointer from him as well. I asked what the guys were using and saying. He steered me away from the more expensive one and to the one he felt was better. My hat is off to Bart. Keep up the good work.

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look in supporting vendors

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy from bart no matter what he will answer the phone, and if he happens not to your phone will ring 5 minutes after your message! this says a lot to me, PLUS HE HAS GREAT DEALS!!!!

Thank you everyone! Yes I try to call everyone back I miss.

Sometimes I get to blabbing detecting on the phone and the stories get windy and long... lol But hey... I do live in Oklahoma where the wind is always blowing! ha ha

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I just ordered an Xterra 705 from Bart, last month bought a pair of Sunray Golds.
Super fast to ship each time, no worries.

Thanks Bart!!!

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think we have a bunch of nice dealers here on the forum. Bart at Big Boys Hobbies, however is a cut above. He helped me solve a problem I had on a detector, that he had not sold me. I received a new replacement this afternoon.
I Certainly do appreciate Bart, his prices, services and advice are hard to beat.
Now my New Deus is on the way:occasion14:

Thanks Bart
Roy

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought a lot of stuff from bart including my CTX, and I called him about a deus and simply asked his opinion do I A. get a new machine, or B. get the used machine with awesome accessories at a very good price, and he very truthfully told me what he would do in my shoes, hes honest and theres not a lot of people that are just honest anymore.. AS for the other dealers I have talked to a few , ill stick with bart!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I second that he has also helped me out a couple times & still I still cant get over how fast he gets items to ur door unbeleivable thanks Bart

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying build up a club and a interest here in town, I just went through the process of buying a propointer. I had the money, and I had made my mind up I wanted one. The first four hours of trying to locate and purchase a small item like a Propointer was laughable. The local guys missed out on the sale, and then I started calling the Big Guys, the power sellers, you will find they are not competitive and get a commission as their prices were 20% or more over what I was finding out there. Now there was a few offers with some diggers and such thrown in, but I wanted the Garret Propointer. I finally saved a few bucks and found a guy I felt I could trust with my CC info.

So two things come to mind as the hunt for a Propointer is fresh in my mind. 1. Find a seller you can make all your purchases from. 2. The forums could help sponsors out by making locating a sponsor quick and easy.

I was having issues with the forum locating a specific sponsor. Im sure there is a button somewhere I could have pushed. But the users online were more into making a bad situation worse with no real help. I have since deleted all the post I made here so no one is identified in the snafu I had yesterday. I also had issues with several web sites being down, if you pay someone that host your website and it is down. Well you lost a sale.

I also have a fine detector that needs some cosmetic work. I pretty much was treated like a idiot and put on hold and transferred till I hung up. Once you buy it, not only will they not take it in on a trade in. Your going to realized once you buy it its yours, service after the sale is conditional. It breaks, well you can hope you get the right person and get the item shipped back and fixed in a timely manner. Last if it doesnt have a lifetime warranty, that doesnt say much about the product. Centech pinpointers from Harbor Freight at $17 bucks a pop has a lifetime warranty.

Good Luck in your purchase. I would do more research before you buy that model and brand.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think it's 14 days with Kellyco, so I learned the hard way with an ACE 350!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's 14 days with Kellyco, so I learned the hard way with an ACE 350!

My expectations needed a reality check, but the hunt for a propointer was a hunt, and therefore I had fun. It was hard not to buy more, and I did find a seller or two who had some specialized equipment I am going to want further down the road. Garret makes some good equipment, but I would not own one of their detectors. After the bashing I recieved from AT PRO users, you can bet I will never own one. You think its bad it takes a few weeks for a turn around, I live 45 minutes from the factory where they service the detector I use, and I cant get it fixed.

Small items like the one I bought doesnt generate revenue nor does service after the sale. Even on this thread you read about stuff out of the box broke from the factory. Is this the new expectations I should expect? As I said, my expectations were way too high yesterday. I have a detector made in the 70's in my closet and it works, does a pretty good job too.

bodayshus

Greenie
Apr 28, 2013
ATL
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another vote for Bart at Big Boys Hobbies! I've ordered a Fisher F2 and it was shipped on the day I needed it to ship to ensure it arrived while I was at home to receive it. Next I ordered a CTX 3030 and it shipped out on the same day I ordered it even though Bart told me it may have to be shipped the next day. After the CTX I ordered an AT Pro and it shipped the next day with a great deal/price on a customized accessory package. My most recent order,was for a six inch smart coil for the CTX. Again, it shipped out the same day for a great price! Bart answers the phone or calls back right away, gives sound advice and isn't pushy. He's knowledgeable on the product line and his invoicing/payment system issuer friendly and secure. I'm sure the other sponsors are awesome ( I've talked to several and purchased small items from a couple).

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

bodayshus

Greenie
Apr 28, 2013
ATL
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another vote for Bart at Big Boys Hobbies! I've ordered a Fisher F2 from Bart and it was shipped on the day I needed it to ship to ensure it arrived while I was at home to receive it. Next I ordered a CTX 3030 and it shipped out on the same day I ordered it even though Bart told me it may have to be shipped the next day. After the CTX I ordered an AT Pro and it shipped the next day with a great deal/price on a customized accessory package. My most recent order,was for a six inch smart coil for the CTX. Again, it shipped out the same day for a great price! Bart answers the phone or calls back right away, gives sound advice and isn't pushy. He's knowledgeable on the product line and his invoicing/payment system is user friendly and secure. I'm sure the other sponsors are awesome ( I've talked to several and purchased small items from a couple). But for the bigger ticket items, I trust Bart! So load up your cart and,check out with Bart!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet[/QUOTE]

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

bn81159

Jul 2, 2012
Boca Raton
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur 1000,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got my CTX 3030 from a local dealer and the reason "Why" he taught me how to use it and showed me how to set it up on the beach where im hunting. He even showed me how the seal was leaking on the battery, its was simple and made sense why it was leaking. Thats my 2 cents!!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another vote for Bart at Big Boys Hobbies! I've ordered a Fisher F2 and it was shipped on the day I needed it to ship to ensure it arrived while I was at home to receive it. Next I ordered a CTX 3030 and it shipped out on the same day I ordered it even though Bart told me it may have to be shipped the next day. After the CTX I ordered an AT Pro and it shipped the next day with a great deal/price on a customized accessory package. My most recent order,was for a six inch smart coil for the CTX. Again, it shipped out the same day for a great price! Bart answers the phone or calls back right away, gives sound advice and isn't pushy. He's knowledgeable on the product line and his invoicing/payment system issuer friendly and secure. I'm sure the other sponsors are awesome ( I've talked to several and purchased small items from a couple).

Thank you Sir! We will beat any deal out! I offer lifetime support on all our machines as well. Feel free to call or email with questions anytime!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Purchasing a New detector or Parts,

also When Advertising who to Buy from,,

Look Here to buy

Supporting Vendors

also, If you do not see them here, Supporting Vendors

Do not advertise them on treasureNet.

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another customer of Bart ringing in. Quick to reply through the forums, returning phone calls and willing to work out the packages. One thing I would like to note is that he takes pride in his customers and treats them like a true customer by following up on the forums here on Tnet. Looks at all the replies through the boards. That has to say something about the way he operates. Love it. In addition his packages are far superior to the competition considering the unit is the same price. Very happy to be a customer. Thanks Bart!

Cory

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my CTX from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies......no regrets. KC can offer you all the "goodies" they want, but, they won't beat the deal from Bart. The incentive items he offers are quality items of a brand name, not some Chinese knock-off piece of crap. Their pouches fall apart quickly, their digger bends when prying out your first plug, the pin pointer has to virtually be in contact with the metal to sound off and on and on. Do yourself a favor.......buy from Bart.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If I lived in the U.S. I'd buy from Bart, atleast he has been helpfull with me with my ctx threads I've made so far.

Very good MD.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont own one myself,maybe later on when stuff settles down but ive seen the YouTube vids seen barts comments he uses one nothing more important to me then a vendor that uses his own equipment & can answer anything from inside & out he wont bs ya & will tell u straight up what he thinks id definetly buy from him with out thinkinh twice good guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread