CTX3030 which dealer to buy from and why

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this is not the appropriate place to post this or if my question is out of line please forgive me.

I have been reading a lot about the new Minelab CTX3030 and see where just about all of the dealers are selling at the same price. I have never purchased a Minelab detector before so is the price the same between dealers right now because it is brand new? Any help would be appreciated. I have emailed Bart at Big Boy Hobbies as well as another dealer.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the dealers have to sell at the same price and the only difference is maybe the amount of "freebies" they might offer. BART is one of the best dealers.

pspr

May 24, 2012
Flower Mound, Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't buy a CTX, they are awful. Besides the rest of us don't need the competition. :laughing7:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the dealers have to sell at the same price and the only difference is maybe the amount of "freebies" they might offer. BART is one of the best dealers.

Thanks Sandman!

Your posts and knowledge are greatly appreciated on here and are very helpful to all! :occasion14:

Dubya

Apr 20, 2012
Garland, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to beat the 30 day return policy at Kellyco. They honor it for a trade to a different detector.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to beat the 30 day return policy at Kellyco. They honor it for a trade to a different detector.

I go to Bart at Big Boys hobbies because he has always answered the phone when I call and promptly replied to emails and Pm's I have sent him. His prices for forum members is a better deal. He is full of information and will discuss with you the best detector or equiptment for your needs. He will also tell you if he does not have something in stock and there is a back order, before you purchase an item. I have heard of other forum members complaining of ordering from the below big dealer and finding out after the purchase that their item is on back order and they will have to wait for delivery until stock is replenished.
Here is an example of that:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/k...97675-kellyco-has-not-shipped-ctx-3030-a.html

I'm not a big fan of that return policy.
At that price, you better do the research and then make a logical choice or take a big loss.
But I guess it could be an option for someone who does no research or doesn't care about money.

According to the statements below you only have 30 days as of receiving it to return it for a full refund or store credit, minus shipping fees. Of course that only applies if you never open the box or package of any of the items sent to you.

If you open the box and try it, you have 14 days as of receiving it to return it for 70% refund or 80% store credit.
That means if you paid $2,499 for the Standard Minelab CTX 3030 not including the tax on that they charge.

70% refund= $1,749.30 thats a loss of $749.70
80% store credit= $1,999.20 that's a loss of $499.80

Here is the website:
10 reasons to buy your Metal Detector from Kellyco - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Here is the return policy:

30 Day No Risk Money Back Guarantee
3. An Outstanding 30 Day No Risk Money Back Guarantee, Refund, Exchange and Replacement Policy: Kellyco does not want anyone to be stuck with a metal detector that they're not satisfied with - so we've come up with some outstanding policies to help you get what you want!

We recommend that you call a member of our trained and certified staff of metal detectorists for advice or assistance before you purchase a metal detector. We're here to answer your questions and do so cheerfully!

Kellyco offers a very simple 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Within 30 days of receipt of your order you may return or exchange any hobby detector or accessory for a full refund or in store credit it you prefer minus any shipping fees, as long as all items are new, unused, unassembled and returned in the original unopened shipping carton with original packing, manufacturer's warranty and instruction manual. Any Buy One - Get One Free (BOGO) metal detector and all free accessories included with metal detectors must also be returned in unused condition. Return shipping, insurance, etc. are your responsibility. If your detector was shipped under any free detector shipping program, shipping charges will be deducted from your refund. We will pay shipping cost if the return is a result of our error. Please Note: You must call for a return authorization number before shipping any product to us for refund or exchange.
*Excludes these non-refundable products: All in professional metal detector catagory, security, and commercial/industrial machines, special order detectors, J.W. Fisher professional products, all Minelab GPX models, OKM, Nokta and other Treasure Hunting Devices.

•3a -*Defective Returns: If you have a defective item feel free to return it to us within seven days of receiving it - simply call us for a return authorization number and ship it back to us for an exchange.
IF YOU USED YOUR NEW DETECTOR AND WISH TO TRADE UP TO ANOTHER DETECTOR:

•3b - *If you tried your new detector and just don't feel comfortable for any reason at all, feel free to return it to us within 14 days of receiving it. Just call, fax, or email us with your invoice number and request for a return authorization number. You then have the option of receiving a 70% refund or an 80% credit toward the purchase of another metal detector, search coil or any accessory. This offer applies to new, demo, and used metal detectors. We do suggest that before you make any decision regarding returning the detector, call and speak to any of our detector experts. Most times it is a something that you may or may not be doing that they can show you why you may want to change your mind. We are here to help you, call on us!
•3c - Detectors, searchcoils or any accessory returned for refund or credit will have the original shipping costs deducted if it was shipped free.
◦Returned metal detectors are considered used, and we sell them for a reduced price on the pre-owned, demo, and used section of the Kellyco website. When returning a metal detector, search coil or any accessory it must be in like new, resalable condition with all instructions and manuals unmarked or altered. Search Coils on metal detectors or coils purchased separately must have a search coil cover on the coil before using. Any "free" accessories and/or promotional items must be returned in like new, resalable condition.
•3d - *Excludes these non-refundable products: All in professional metal detector catagory, security, and commercial/industrial machines, special order detectors, J.W. Fisher professional products, all Minelab GPX models, all Tesoro, OKM, Nokta and other Treasure Hunting Devices.
*Any metal detector or accessory returned for trade or refund that does not include the factory original shipping carton and inserts may be subject to a repacking fee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
L

lost hunter

What I would do is talk to all of the vendors on this site or pm them then choose the one you fill is best for you. I had talked or tried to talk to several of them before I ordered my Minelab My choice Miller MDZ gave me a great deal Remember its your investment

Crazyzook

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2011
I have purchased my CTX at New England Medal Detectors, you won't find a better price and a better guy.

Erick Byrne

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2013
Warren County, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart at Big Boy Hobbies did me right! He answered the phone right away, took my order, answered a few questions and I had the machine in 3 working days! Not to shabby! Give Bart a call, you won't regret it. And to everyone out there wondering if they should buy a CTX 3030...my answer is YES! That machine is worth every dime!

OP
OP
M

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought mine a while back over at Metal Detecting Stuff in Spring Texas (a supporting vendor on this site). Walked in-bought it-walked right out with it. No three day wait!! Wayne helped me assemble it, upgrade the firmware and insured that it worked perfectly. This became very important as while I was at his shop, one other CTX did not have the same volume level as others and it was promptly sent back to Minelab before a customer got their hands on it. Also picked up the killer small coil and the Gray Ghost waterproof headphones from him.

Last edited:

botics

Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, 17" and 6" Coils
Minelab Excalibur II, 10" Coil
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine from Kelly Co outside Orlando, Florida. They had the 6" and the 17" coil in stock and gave me a heck of a deal. At the time they had a buy one get one Xmas special going and I ended up trading back accessories and applying the money for the BOGO and did pretty well on a package. I bought the Gray Ghost waterproof headsets online.

I should add that I did go to the Kelly Co Store while I was in Orlando - I wanted to check it out for myself.

Both Kelly Co or Big Boy Hobbies are very good choices.

Just used my CTX 3030 on the beach today.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be hard pressed to find a better deal than Bart at BigBoys will make you.

newguy1981

Greenie
Mar 18, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart at Big Boy Hobbies did me right! He answered the phone right away, took my order, answered a few questions and I had the machine in 3 working days! Not to shabby! Give Bart a call, you won't regret it. And to everyone out there wondering if they should buy a CTX 3030...my answer is YES! That machine is worth every dime!

BART BIG BOY HOBBIES. Any time I order or email or have a question he answers it and very nice. Has always done me right.

Jermbo

May 7, 2013
Ordered mine from Bart at Bigboyshobbies , he has some good deals if you call him, I emailed another well known place that had similar deals and never even heard back from them so I ordered from Bart since he actually answers questions fast, I even ordered s a new pin pointer from him should be here Tuesday.

Swampweasel

Feb 26, 2013
New Hampshire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my CTX3030 from Bart and I wouldn't go anywhere else.
His service and dedication to his customers is second to none.
His ordering and payment system is smooth and quick.
Thanks Bart!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone! I pride myself on taking care of you guys and gals!

Remember, I actually use all my machines just not sell them. I have extensive time on the Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, XP Deus and Garrett AT Pro. I offeter free life time customer support on all the machines I sell. I get calls all the time form customers with questions. Most of the time from in the field hunting. I get them fixed and back to hunting on the spot in most cases.

Again, anyone with questions or looking for the best deal around feel free to give me a ring. Love to help ya!

Coin Ranger

Apr 30, 2013
Richmond, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my CTX from Bart at BigBoyHobbies. He was very responsive. His was the best deal around. I got a wonderful package and was able to tailor my package to what fit me best, swapping items at no additional cost. I had a bad coil on my first CTX shipped, and after a phone call to Bart had a new one on the way. I had a bad charger in the new CTX. One call and Bart quickly had another on the way while I shipped the broke one back. I'm very pleased with Bart and BigBoysHobbies. No hard sales, just one guy talking to another, and Bart is a CTX user, so he's loaded with info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread