3030 VS the XP Deus

Cxtopher

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

Im still debating on which new machine I want to sink a ton of cash into. At first I was looking at the V3i vs 3030, but now I'm also looking at the XP Dues as well. I am very interested in any non bias opinons on which is a better machine. The majority of my hunting will be for relics and parks No need to mention the point that the Deus is a foreign machine and might be harder to get customer support. Thank you in advance for your input.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, the 3030 is a bit too new on the market, but the DEUS has some very positive background. To be honest, and if you're not a water hunter, nor do you need a GPS (or use a hand held unit), Id go for the DEUS.

However, comparing the DEUS with V3i or Etrac might not be as simple : The Deus is an outstanding unit, but it suffers from allot of what can be called general design issues. Stem is a matter of personal taste, but at first you'll have to charge and recharge, and re-charge again three parts of it (remote control, wireless heacphones and...searchcoil). Be aware of that. Plus the coil has a shorter battery life than the two other parts. Plus if you're subject to disctraction, your coil may stop working...when the battery gets down. Plus you cannot search in shallow water, at least not in a comfortable way. Plus you'll have to send the coil in the day the internal battery dies.

Another thing, also a matter of opinion, is that 4 frequencies are good, 4 frequencies working simultaneously (like three on the V3) are even better. Here, wellno, you can only use one at the time. For the price, an Etrac uses 28 of them.

Be also aware that every frequency will give a distinct ID for the same object. A Nickel won't read the same in 4 Khz than in 18 Differences are not that big, but logical brains can suffer from this.

Apart from that, the Deus is the fastest detector on earth. Period. In reactivity 5, it will blow out about anything sweepable on the market (with the notable exception of the Fisher Goldbug/Tek G² that can be compared to a DEUS in reactivity 4).

And it's lighter than a Tesoro when the remote control is in your pocket. You can tailor the tones to your needs, so you won't need to look at the ID, and that is also a very valuable "plus".

Knowing that, you'll just have to know where and what you want to find and decide accordingly.

HH

Grumpy

Eyesight

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2011
Munich, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 + XP Déus 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, I've bought Deus for my son like a year ago and I have just recently upgraded from E-Trac to CTX3030 myself. Having my first hunt with CTX3030 over last weekend I can only say that CTX rocks in detailed target identification and the gap in overall speed compared to Deus narrowed - this to compare with E-Trac. My son can still sweep same area a lot faster with his Deus than I can with CTX, but dugs a way more junk - it's like 50:50 compared to 95:05 with CTX - really, 15-20 coins/relics and 1 pull tab ratio over last weekend ;-)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Feel free to give me a call. I sell both and can give you my honest opinions on both.

The part about charging the Dues is not as bad as it sounds. 1 plug into the wall with 3 dongles off of it. They all three charge at same rate. The whole machine charges in about 3-4 hours and lasts about 10-12 hours on a charge.

I am VERY impressed with both. The Dues is VERY fast and lightweight. Recovery in heavy trash cant be beat! The CTX and the target trace feature is VERY VERY nice. More I use the the more I fall in love!

Call me if you have questions! I would love to answer all your questions and make you a great deal on either! Bart

OP
OP
C

Cxtopher

Tenderfoot
May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the input.

I am still up in the air! I love to hunt fast and like the idea of a light wait machine, but I also like the thought of a 15-20 coin to 1 pull tab ratio. All of your input is very helpful!

Thanks again!
CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread