PLEASE HELP! Anybody??

Rylflush

Jun 7, 2012
I posted on another forum and should of put it here. Does anybody know if there is a setting or someplace on my SE Pro that actually gives me the depth of an object? I get good/great and plenty of hits but dig and dig sometimes 2'-3' but never come a cross anything. My pinpointer doesn't pick it up in the whole. I ordered a new (better) pinpointer from the suggestions on this site but won't get it until next week. I don't mind digging but 4' is crazy for every hole, and brings so much attention to myself since I'm In Vegas and the ground is so hard by the time I dig two holes it's time for me to go home and rest. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again to all for all the help! I am having a hard time and getting sort of frustrated especially after reading all of the finds I see everyday on this site. PLEASE HELP if possible.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your digging 2-3 feet for a target there is something wrong unless you target is a large can of metal or something.... Sounds like your not pinpointing correctly, but if your digging 2 foot it has to be a wide hole so not sure how your missing it......

Try this get a large piece of cardboard or plywood, tape a target on it somewhere then spin it on the ground so you dont know where taget is, dont put it in the very center.... Practice pinpointing that...

Better yet get someone to help you by taping the target to begin with so you have no idea where the target is... When you pinpoint the target put a pencil x on it and flip it over and see how close you were..... Unless your detector is off, it sounds like it is a pinpointing issue...

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if you are digging that deep you must be using a decent size digger. If that is the case you can end up with a large initial plug; your target could very easily be in the plug. Are you checking the plug or just the hole?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try swinging the coil over the ground several inches. If you still get the target it's big. A coin sized object will dissapear within a few inches of the ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions