Review- Minelab CTX 3030 1st Month

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought your review was excellent. Well written and balanced. Bravo! :hello2:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks glad you liked it.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gone Hunting, that is an amazing job. The settings are similar to what I have set up(tone sizing different), but you have covered clearly what few seem to grasp. The CTX3030 is different from any other machine. Too many get sucked into the similarities and compare it based on those, or try and use it the same as other machines. What the Etrac did with 2TF the CTX quantum leaps with combined, pair that with targets all showing with a cursor on the display including multiple targets you can in fact run it wide open as you mention, add to that ferrous coin, a faster processor and it is just plain fun to use.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. I think the machine once understood better, will have very few complaints when it comes to detection...

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Review on the CTX 3030, I wonder how it would perform on white sandy beaches??

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Review on the CTX 3030, I wonder how it would perform on white sandy beaches??
I honestly don't know about salt water applications, I don't live near the beach, but, I have been following several beach hunters' posts and several really have it dialed in. I have noticed it is the ones that are quick to change the settings when moving over different types of conditions..

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good review Evan - insightfull, thoughtfull and helpfull. I purchased a CTX-3030 - when out in the open in bright sun I can't see the screen - tried good sunglasses - doesn't help much - Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you remove the screen protector? Its on there so good many dont realize It is there.

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find and remove the screen protector - thanks for asking though - I just wonder if others are having simular problems - I did see on one review were someone mentioned having same problem

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About the only thing that I have done to help with the glare was purchasing a anti-glare cell phone screen protector from the local cell phone store. I honestly can't say if it helped but I haven't noticed a problem with not being able to see the screen...

Porschephile

Jul 19, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for excellent review Evan!! Your opinion was the reason that I bought the CTX. Very happy with it thus far!!

Really appreciate your willingness to share knowledge and experience with other hunters!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for excellent review Evan!! Your opinion was the reason that I bought the CTX. Very happy with it thus far!!

Really appreciate your willingness to share knowledge and experience with other hunters!

Evan really knows how to swing that thing. He can pick up and learn new detectors faster than I can find my first coin. Be sure to ask him how many cannon balls he has found! lol

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent review, I enjoyed it. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I appreciate the thanks.. I am glad that the info helped and you are liking the CTX.. I love to detect and love sharing what little I know especially if it helps someone else...

Evan really knows how to swing that thing. He can pick up and learn new detectors faster than I can find my first coin. Be sure to ask him how many cannon balls he has found! lol
You aint' right..Not near as many as the Dragoon buttons :evil6:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Porschephile

Jul 19, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Found my first older coin with this great detector!!

Its only a wheatie but I was pumped!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your review! Any particular reason you sold the E-trac but kept the Garretts and Deus?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread