Minelab pin pointer any news??

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Quite a few guys over at Finds said it is coming out in the next few weeks. A person with a source said they do have a release date but can't say when.

I'd say, it is coming out sooner rather than later.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just announced. Available July 30th.

Announcing the all-new PRO-FIND 25 | Minelab News

pro-find-25-pinpointer.jpg

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the info. Well it looks like a garret pp on steroids. Some neat features like the silent mode and the sensitivity adjustment. If garrett doesn't fix my pp I will get one for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

MercMan

Sep 15, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II
I like the alert feature if you leave it on or drop it. Also the water resistant feature is nice.

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
I have read that they should cost about $20-30 more than the GPP... so not cheap. Aparently the mrsp should be 169.99...

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the garrett pin pointer with the ability to turn the sound off and to adjust sensitivity wich neither is needed

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have read that they should cost about $20-30 more than the GPP... so not cheap. Aparently the mrsp should be 169.99...
Do you not use the white's BullseyeII???

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Gonehunting said:
Do you not use the white's BullseyeII???

Nop I have never tried it. Is it good??

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah not really worth it... for a few dollars more you can have the Garrett..

OP
OP
norbyx

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
yeah not really worth it... for a few dollars more you can have the Garrett..

Well that is what I had untill it broke down, it went all crazy on me... Tomorrow I am installing the Sunray probe and see how that works out. If it works as good as the GPP "when" it works, than it will be my main PP.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Sunray on the E-Trac is a deadly combination.. only thing I noticed if you like to run your sensitivity up around 27 28 it will false a little just use your Auto/manual button to switch down if you do..

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Its the garrett pin pointer with the ability to turn the sound off and to adjust sensitivity wich neither is needed

What are your reasons for saying that? I have reasons to like it:

- I often use the coin trick on the Garrett to get deeper e.g. - to check before I dig or when I'm at the bottom of a deep hole. Also great for checking coins that might be in the side wall. Doing the coin trick is a pain, though effective.
- Sound off in parks is GREAT. Doesn't attract children or any extra attention. Otherwise I will leave it on.
- detuning the pinpointer makes it less sensitive in iron infested spots - nice for those who need it.

Also, as ironhearted_gog (a mode and I guess a tester) on another forum stated:
The Minelab is more measured in its audio responses..... if you move it towards the target, the beep speed gradually increases.... whereas the Garrett quickly increases to a scream over a lot shorter distance.

The minelab will get 50% more depth with no coin trick - very nice for me. You can also do the coin trick if you want but 3" or 4" is more than enough for most situations.

All that said, I do think the Garrett is a GREAT pinpointer, but there is always room for improvement. I think had Minelab made it cheaper they would have really sold well. The Garrett is generally speaking more than enough imo.

Albert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread