Soveriegn???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sovereign is a great detector, if your going to hunt fields and not kiddie parks get the WOT coil...!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Can anyone who owns a Sovereign rate their experience with the machine? Positive? Negative? I am considering buying one for general hunting, but cache searches in particular. Thanks.
I have been useing Sovereigns for about 20 years....I have had every model they made from the first to the GT.........And i also use a lot of other brands.......... And the truth is i would take the Sovereign over any other brand............In Minelabs line of detectors to me the Sovereign is better than the Explorer and better than the Etrac............ I have used the Sovereign in parks in fields and around foundations... It works great every were............... So my experience with the Sovereign has been..... " Positive "................

Last edited:

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got one and it's awesome in the parks I recommend to get a 180 meter for your MD very important for new user :)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anyone who owns a Sovereign rate their experience with the machine? Positive? Negative? I am considering buying one for general hunting, but cache searches in particular. Thanks.
They are great multi freq machines. Handle most conditions well. AMAZING beach hunters. Holler if you have any questions.

OP
OP
starsplitter

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
I would be using the detector in the sierras. The soils here are rocky, often volcanic in origin - mineralization is a potential problem. I need it to hunt for coins/caches buried at shallow to deeper depths depths (up to a meter or so). I am looking at the Gemini III for depths exceeding a meter. Deeper than the Gemini (voids), I've found an affordable soil electrical resistance unit. For the Sovereign, can you recommend coils? I can give you more particulars if messaged. Thanks for your reply... it seems the forums aren't as traveled as they used to be and I need advice from credibe sources.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wot. Coil (15") and SEF Butterfly 12x15 are great coils for covering ground and both are deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread