Speaking of the Sovereign, has anybody had trouble with the headphone jack?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a crappy set set of Jolly Rogers headphones, 2 sets of Rat Phones, and a set of Killer-Bee headphones.
All of them appear to have identical jacks. However, the only phones that seem to work on the GT now are the Jolly Rogers. The others have no sound at all.

All of them seem to work on my other detectors, and they all worked on the Sovereign up until now.

I am assuming that the GT jack isn't pushing enough juice to make the other phones work.

Any Ideas??

Minelab's Customer Service is sorely lacking with regards to this issue.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a sov gt, some headphones don't work on it, not sure why, wasn't s big deal to me since I had multiple headphones I just found one that worked.

Kbron2000

May 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT ,Fisher F2 DD Coil, NEL Tornado Coil, Garret Propointer ....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought my wireless headphones and so far so good.. Rapoo h3010

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you get a film build up on the male or female receptacles and they should be cleaned off with 000 steel wool and air blasted with conpressed air from computer cans.. As Treasure Hunter said some phones work and others don't so you should always keep spares on hand.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Had one of the GT for a while, I think it uses the Tip/Ring for audio,................ check it with a multi-meter.
It can be rectified with a rewired adapter for some headsets.

TipRing_a.gif

ivanll

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of grey ghost I know works on it, as well as my detectopro uniprobe headphones work for sure, I do remember one didn't work but not sure which one it was.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the input everybody. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks for the diagram, Ivan!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions