Minelab Explorer SE no-motion detecting mode..

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friends,
Do you know what exactly does mean the statement "in pinpoinitng/no-motion mode the detector locks on the target"...
I have read this about Minelab Explorer SE... but can't figure out what does it mean...

can I use it(in pinpointing mode) as no-motion metal detector where discrimination is not needed?... or will it have any problems..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It means when you are in this mode you do not need to move the coil for the detector to respond to the target. When you have a motion all metal mode you must keep the coil in motion for it to respond so it is harder to figure out where exactly the target is. Some detectors like the new Outlaw by Tesoro has this mode and you can "detune it," so it shrinks the size of the target making it even smaller so you can touch a shallow coin with a screw driver with the first poke. This greatly speeds up coin to time ratio.

Last edited:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On an Explorer SE, the pinpoint mode ratchets down with each subsequent swing over a target.

Now on an Xterra 705 you have both a pinpoint sizing feature, as well as a no-motion prospector mode. If that's what you want, an Xterra might be a better choice than an Explorer.

OP
OP
TreasureGrabber

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any way to remove this feature (locking on the target in non-motion mode) on explorer se?
may be some modding... or some code ... or anything?....

To just use my Explorer SE as a non-motion, non-discrimination detector...

Last edited:

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Is there any way to remove this feature (locking on the target in non-motion mode) on explorer se?
may be some modding... or some code ... or anything?....

To just use my Explorer SE as a non-motion, non-discrimination detector...
best deapth and stability you can get from explorer using sounds constant without discrimination,you will get deeper when with pinpoint. Pinpoint on SE is not stable and after wile -minute or less start to loose depth and stability, have tried to detect in Pinpoint but it doesnt work Ok, better constant, speed can be minimum and sensitivity maximum. In constant Explorer works like PI detector, very strange:cat:

OP
OP
TreasureGrabber

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"sounds constant without discrimination" could you give more info?...
exact settings?...

thanks in advance...

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Meniu, Audio,Sounds,Const. Sounds can be Constant, Conductive,Ferrous, Constant when all targets sounds the same, all its mean Iron foil and the rest stuff makes the same sounds.

OP
OP
TreasureGrabber

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,.. I'll give it a try...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread