Anthony15620

Greenie
Aug 20, 2012
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I bought an Explorer SE off of a guy on craigslist today for $700 and whilst I was taking it on its inaugural hunt I noticed that while using the sunray probe its quite noisy. Anytime I touch the cord near the cord grips I get an Iron tone on all a metal and a null when using Discrim. Does this normally happen or is my sunrays cord bad? I would assume the later because I'm fairly savvy in electronics...Is there any way I can take the probe apart to fix the cord? I'm pretty bummed out by this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Anthony15620

Greenie
Aug 20, 2012
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up cutting the cord and fixing it myself...So this thread is obsolete and admins can delete it.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
So I bought an Explorer SE off of a guy on craigslist today for $700 and whilst I was taking it on its inaugural hunt I noticed that while using the sunray probe its quite noisy. Anytime I touch the cord near the cord grips I get an Iron tone on all a metal and a null when using Discrim. Does this normally happen or is my sunrays cord bad? I would assume the later because I'm fairly savvy in electronics...Is there any way I can take the probe apart to fix the cord? I'm pretty bummed out by this.
Can be broken probe cable, can be bad probe, my sugestion take off probe swich from shaft and use detector without it, use separate pinpointer. From my experience using X-1 probe, to much parts to brake and not right cable from control panel to switch. Try Garrett propointer, much more simple and reliable design.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread