cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I just bought an E-trac and am curious about any search coil upgrades. Is there one that gets more depth than the stock coil but still has good target I.D? I'm not concerned about junky areas that would need a small coil but looking for max depth and coverage with accurate I.D. Also, I'd like another that has max depth without regard for target I.D.....for the beach. A bigger diameter would be a plus as long as it doesn't weigh a ton. Anyone done some comparison tests from the different companies and sizes? I don't want to lose any small coins or rings. Also, any tips or settings that you like with any of the coils would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Coiltek Platypus is amazing, and will give a bit more depth, but the id is unbelievably stable.

I have hunted the same spots with the stock and platypus and it is a different game altogether.

I have not used the sun ray but I have used the sef and in my book the coiltek wins.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
I just bought an E-trac and am curious about any search coil upgrades. Is there one that gets more depth than the stock coil but still has good target I.D? I'm not concerned about junky areas that would need a small coil but looking for max depth and coverage with accurate I.D. Also, I'd like another that has max depth without regard for target I.D.....for the beach. A bigger diameter would be a plus as long as it doesn't weigh a ton. Anyone done some comparison tests from the different companies and sizes? I don't want to lose any small coins or rings. Also, any tips or settings that you like with any of the coils would be appreciated.
Thanks, Mark

Mark,
Use your stock coil for awhile. I think you will find it amazingly deep! I carry the Sun Ray and Coiltek line. You cant beat Sun Ray coils!

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nostradamus I am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread