Just ordered the minelab SE Pro

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked all over and tossed and turned about the new and used deals floating around. Finally bought one new and the best deal I got was from Big Boy hobbies by far.Nice guy and easy to contact and talk to. For a short time I wobbled back and forth with the fisher F75 LTD black and talked to Big boy hobbies about the differences and he cleared up a lot of questions for me. I'm mostly a coin hunter.

David

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you already have a Safari and an XT-705, the Explorer will be easy to learn. Good solid machine!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I looked all over and tossed and turned about the new and used deals floating around. Finally bought one new and the best deal I got was from Big Boy hobbies by far.Nice guy and easy to contact and talk to. For a short time I wobbled back and forth with the fisher F75 LTD black and talked to Big boy hobbies about the differences and he cleared up a lot of questions for me. I'm mostly a coin hunter.

David
Thanks David!

Will go out today! Be sure to holler with any questions. Be sure to watch all the videos you can on them. It will help you learn it till you can get it.

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great choice, I love mine. Definitely has a learning curve and the first year of using it gave me a migraine with all the sounds it throws out. Once I figured out some of the settings, I was able to dial it in a little better. I will be calling Bart later this fall for a minelab profind, just got to get the kitchen pass signed off on first! Wish I would have known this site and heard of Bart before purchasing from the big box dealer though. Sounds like he is great help on the learning curve part.

DiggingNC

Apr 23, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett ProPointer, SunRay Pro Gold Headphones. Previousdetectors were White's, Garrett's and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to get experienced opinions on the Profind as opposed the the Garrett Propointer before you fork out the $$$$$!! I love Minelab, but I think they may have missed the mark on the Profind. Just my opinion.

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, i have read alot of the threads on here, and I will be sure to do more research here and elsewhere before buying. The pros I am seeing in the minelab are the adjustable sensitivity and the interference free feature. The drawbacks are the added cost. As far as the Garrett, I am real concerned with all of the problems people are having with the tip pressure issues and falsing. The auto sensitivity is a concern for me as well, how has that been working out for others in trashy areas? Even my piece of junk freebie from kellyco has adjustable sensitivity... I hunt a lot around old homesteads and need a pinpointer that can go deep but also be tuned down to search around old nails and tin scraps. I am not a big fan of the 360 deg on either one and wish they would make the same design with a tip only sensor but a am not willing to spring $300 either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions