Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys,

The minelab is on it's way here....looking for any advice on using it..things you guys learned along the way...anything to help me out.

Is there any good videos you guys know of?...I've watched quite of few on youtube...but looking for ones that maybe you guys made or other links that have good advice on using it.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys,

The minelab is on it's way here....looking for any advice on using it..things you guys learned along the way...anything to help me out.

Is there any good videos you guys know of?...I've watched quite of few on youtube...but looking for ones that maybe you guys made or other links that have good advice on using it.

Best advice with any Minelab is SLOW you swig speed way way down. They have to be swung slow. If you learn this and LISTEN to the tones you will catch on quick. People get caught up in looking for certain #'s before they dig. AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best advice with any Minelab is SLOW you swig speed way way down. They have to be swung slow. If you learn this and LISTEN to the tones you will catch on quick. People get caught up in looking for certain #'s before they dig. AUDIO AUDIO AUDIO!
+1!
Go slow!
Getting a copy of the Safari & Quattro Handbook would be a good idea too.
Go slow!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread