Has minelab coated the 3030 with real gold.?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cars at 25-30k, houses at 250k..

ML is not having any problem selling them at that price......It is just one detector they offer, not the only one and not the most expensive one they offer either...

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Setting aside the "try it then see if you still ask that question" this is why there are patents. Quite a bit of money goes into research and development, all the failed designs, errors etc. that money needs to be recouped. So the company coming out with the most new technologies will be higher priced, fortunately a patent gives them time to recoup that investment.

This does not mean everyone will see the need for the new tech or cost, but that doesn't erase the fact it still needs to be recouped.

It is the same complaint and answer with prescription drug name brand vs generic.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Have they lost their minds? 2600 for what??? What makes them think its should be priced at 3 iPads or even as expensive as a new computer server. They prob lost my business over this 1
Minelab is not the same company what it was when Sovereign and explorer was made, CTX is still based on old Explorer etrac and in it nothing special to have this price, possibly Minelab did pricing before 2008 :laughing7: . Buy Etrac or explorer and dont worry about stupid Minelab.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is not the same company what it was when Sovereign and explorer was made, CTX is still based on old Explorer etrac and in it nothing special to have this price, possibly Minelab did pricing before 2008 :laughing7: . Buy Etrac or explorer and dont worry about stupid Minelab.
You obviously don't know much about it if you think that. The FBS2 machine is very different and has a chip in the coil similar to the Xterras, which FBS machines do not (just to point out one of the more easily noticed differences).

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even at prices more than that $$$$$$, people will still buy them thinking if they cost that much they have to be better.

Realredrebel

May 6, 2012
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/X-1 SunRay probe.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well. . . I have both. . . An Etrac and a CTX 3030. . . The CTX 3030 is a better machine. . . One thing we should keep in mind is. . . Is that this is a hobby. . . A great and fun hobby that some seem to take more serious than others. . . As the price of any machine goes. . . If you can't afford it. . . Don't buy it. . . Knowing what I do now about both machines. . . I would buy them again. . . Except for the big ass coil I bought for the Etrac. . . Works great but it is too dang heavy. . .

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
You obviously don't know much about it if you think that. The FBS2 machine is very different and has a chip in the coil similar to the Xterras, which FBS machines do not (just to point out one of the more easily noticed differences).
Its looks like you dont understand much, chip in the coil, OK and what ???... You think its very important?... and what this chip do? can you explain me. :laughing7:
Its very logical that CTX can be a bit better compare to Etrac or Explorer, but from where Minelab invented this price? for detector with battery leak and the same weight like old Minelab? :dontknow:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bass fishing is a hobby like detecting is a hobby, look at the cost of just a bass boat with no chance to get your money back...

L

lost hunter

Treasure_Hunter said:
Bass fishing is a hobby like detecting is a hobby, look at the cost of just a bass boat with no chance to get your money back...

Pull the plug and call insurance co lol

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

earthmansurfer

Apr 3, 2004
Germany
Well, I sold my CTX and did so a bit reluctantly. To me it was a faster and slightly better performing E-Trac. I sold it because it was heavy (though perfectly balanced) and only broke down into two pieces and was a bit bulky. I felt that weight in my pack or after 4 or 5 hours of hunting. I really liked that detector, but I did prefer the E-Tracs sounds. Seems Minelab is making the sounds more and more digital with each release.

Regarding the chip in the coil - I don't know if it really was to get the machine quicker - perhaps it was, as FBS isn't really a quick technology it appears. Or was Minelabs real intent to secure the aftermarket coils? I sure can't argue either - and think both are actually true. Since that Bulgarian coil company is making coils for the X-Terra (which has a chip) it will be interesting to get their take as I hear they are working on CTX coils - and they for sure will know about the CTX and already do know about the X-Terra's.

All I really wanted, was a lighter and faster E-Trac. I was willing to pay for that. After using the CTX for 60 hours I can say it is better than the E-Trac but not a lot better and bulkier and heavier. I gave it a try and wanted it to be my machine. Like I said I sold it reluctantly.

My plan is to get another E-Trac and mod it - Yeah, I'm going to put it on a straight shaft. I just love the Minelabs too much to totally give them up, so I'll do what many of us had hoped Minelab would have done with the E-Trac to begin with.

Albert

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the chip in the coil - I don't know if it really was to get the machine quicker - perhaps it was, as FBS isn't really a quick technology it appears. Or was Minelabs real intent to secure the aftermarket coils? I sure can't argue either - and think both are actually true.
This is an excerp from a post on another forum that was written by someone that was a tester for both the Xterra and the CTX.

"The CTX 3030 is FBS2 technology. FBS technology is not the same as FBS2 technology. Neither are the same as VLF technology. And VFLEX is different still. If you took some of the concept (not technology, concept) introduced with the X-TERRA, and merged it with some of the functionality of the FBS units, the CTX 3030 offers much of what that "blend" would represent. Smart coil....digital signalling....Patterns......GB option....FE/CO TID......Auto Sens.......etc."

Since that Bulgarian coil company is making coils for the X-Terra (which has a chip) it will be interesting to get their take as I hear they are working on CTX coils - and they for sure will know about the CTX and already do know about the X-Terra's.
That Ukrainian company is illegally producing coils for the Xterra with pirated technology. Assuming that they are doing the same with CTX coils, it begs the questions,"Are you willing to risk your $2.5k machine over stolen technology?" and, "Are you willing to sell out legitimacy to save a buck while supporting illegal activity?"

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sell the Sun Ray and Coil Tek coils for the Minelabs. I have swung the cheaper SEF coils as well. NONE of them compare in my opinion with the durability and quality of the stock Minelab ones. You learn your machine and get yourself the stock Pro coil and a Sun Ray X-5 coil for high trash areas and your set got 99% of all situations.

Just my 2 cent... If its worth that... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread