Should I buy an Explorer???

Danno360

Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is discontinuing the explorer. What is the reason for doing this to one of the most succesfull detectors ever made. Are the replacing it with something better? Been saving for one for a while and was about to buy it but am now really questioning if this is the right choice. Money is tight and really want to feel I made the right choice in the long run.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't appear to have anything to do with success or not as the Sovereign is being discontinued as well. They just have too many machines that are similar in nature. If the Explorer SE Pro is the machine you have decided on, buy it with confidence, warranty will still be honored.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Danno the Minelab SE Pro is still and OUTSTANDING machine, nothing takes away from that. Only thing I would consider is that they obviously are made of computer parts. As we all know parts aren't available forever. They Explorer XS cant be serviced now do to the same issue.

Holler if you have any questions! Love to help you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread