Primary Interest:
Other

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No detector replacing sovereign by Minelab at this time....

Sovereign GT will still be supported for at least 5 more years. They are still being sold with 3 year warrenties. While not being produced after 12/2012 those of us lucky enough to own one will have them for 5 or more years down the road.

Who knows what will be developed and available by then.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
TH... How does your Safari compare to your Sovereign .... is any were close to being as good..... ? I still think the Excalibur is and will always better than the new 3030

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my safari and bought an etrac with the funds when I found a good deal here on etrac. You could not tell it had ever been used.

I never tried the safari at the beach, with 2 excals and a sov gt there was never a reason to.

I have heard real good reports on etrac at beach and safari was just etrac with less bells and a a little slower processor.Crackbadger loved the etrac on the beach and CB knows beach detecting.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Crackbadger does know how to hunt a beach.... But it seems like no matter what detector he use's on the beach he makes good finds.................... So you still have a Sovereign for some reason i thought you sold all your Sovereign's........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I only sold my waterproof sov gt, I still have a sov gt, you know the old saying "they will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers"....LOL

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I only sold my waterproof sov gt, I still have a sov gt, you know the old saying "they will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers"....LOL
... That is the same way i feel about the Sovereign ..:occasion14:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why say the CTX will never take out the Excalibur?
It was never designed to replace the excalibur. The excal goes 200 feet deep and the CTX 10ft deep.
Totally different detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread