CTX 3030 software upgrade.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great :BangHead: After we spend half a fortune for the 3030 they have a new "better" one. I would definitely install the upgrade if I had one of the old 3030's. Dealers will now have to stock the new one too and the customer will suffer if they have the old one and don't have the grey matter to do the install. I might just have to buy one now so I can play with it.:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are just software patches and upgrades like your computer or other programs receive...... It is after all a computer, they will have more software upgrades as they become available like the programs you can download and upload into the ETrac. I imagine anyone selling a new one can upload it when it is sold for the buyer.....If I ordered one online I would tell them I want the lastest upload on it if I am buying it......................Unfortunately it is still out of my price range, but my hunting partner has one....

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you read it is a new model?
I see a UPGRADE but nothing about a new model coming out.

EDIT:
I just patched my software and have the SALTWATER Feature and the PINPOINT Lock feature so I don't think there is a new model just a Software Update.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right, I miss read the thing.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upgrade is very simple once you have Xchange2 on your computer. Just plug in your USB cable from the PC to the CTX, click on the "!" , then the download starts. About a minute later, it says firmware is updated. Unplug the cable from the PC, the detector will now do the update and restart. Takes a total of 2 minutes to do. No cost, and now your detector has the latest feature set.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just updated my personal Minelab CTX 3030. I never did the first update, opps.... lol If it is not broke I try to not "fix it" lol

The new locking pin point feature is sorta cool. Not sure I will need it as I do the wiggle back method.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The new locking pin point feature is sorta cool. Not sure I will need it as I do the wiggle back method.

Agreed, and when I use pinpoint I like the trigger hold and release...I thought that was kind of the benefit of the trigger pinpoint so you didn't have to press a button to turn on and off.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
the benifit of the pinpoint lock is for people that hunt in pinpoint mode (like some people do with the excal's) thats why it was added on the beach update.........or atleast thats my guess :laughing7:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would make sense, since the other addition was for the beach as well. Although doing so is ignoring the strengths of the machine.I'm sure there are lots of people who like it and asked for it a well(land and sea) I myself was just excited about the trigger as it's my preferred pin point location

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread