Deep square nails have got me bangin my head against the wall.

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:BangHead: I recently purchased the GPX 5000 for a group hunt in Cullpepper because my CTX wouldn't work on that red soil. I did alright with it but sense then I've sent my CTX back to Minelab for repairs and have been forced to use the GPX on good soil. On a good note I've dug 1 miniball at 16 inches and 1 pistol bullet at 12 inches. The bad part is I've dug 50 deep square nails to get those 2 bullets. :BangHead:
I have the right settings and I sweep the target at different angles, and I've tried turning iron reject up to 10 once I find a deep target. Am I missing something?
:BangHead:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm the halos on those nails are hard to get past especially that deep. That said I don't use a detector that is computerized with patterns and such. I am sure someone here can help you!

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
I think with any PI detector you will dig and dig and dig, some strange iron, GPX is not big different.

OP
OP
JDug

JDug

Aug 15, 2012
Frederick Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's V3I , Minelab CTX 3030 , Cibola, Deus, ATPro, GPX 5000. 4800, 4500, & 3500.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
stasys said:
I think with any PI detector you will dig and dig and dig, some strange iron, GPX is not big different.

We hadn't had any rain sense Sandy until recently . I noticed the targets were easier to ID. The good targets sound better and the bad targets sound worse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread