NEW MINELAB BATTERY PACK REVIEWS

RNB

Jul 3, 2012
So-Cal
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ML-2900 Batt Pack fot the FBS Machines
1-01-IMG_6499.JPG

A few reviews from the last month or so.

The Most Powerful Longest Lasting Lithium-ion Batt Packs For Metal Detectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Happy Happy,

Having now used the new ML-2900 battery packs over the last month I'd just like to pass on my appreciation of the quality product they have turned to be. They last for ages between recharges and I've had absolutely no issues with them, and as these packs largely run at four bars the ETracs never performed better.

Many thanks to you and your company for developing these battery packs.

Kind Regards,
Kim

Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My take on the New ML-2900 Battery for the Explorer

This is a product for my Beloved Explorer I feel I can post this here so..

The best and honest thing I can say is its "Simply Amazing!!" I usually don't get to put in any "All day hunts" but rather will usually be at best an hour here or there. This weekend I managed a 4 hour hunt and came home with the Battery meter still at Full Charge!! Now I know that your thinking No big deal but for me I was used to seeing my battery meter had dropped one bar with that much time in. It sure is nice to not even think about charging that battery for a while. It does the only two things a battery need to do and it does them Extremely well!! It lasts long and charges quick!! There isn't anything more to ask of a battery!! I Was into "Anything RC" for quite a while and when I was using an Electric Plane, or Car, or Boat I always used the Lipo battery. The Lipo's and the Lithium Ion batteries are leaps and bounds ahead of the Nimh's. Nimhs used to be the best but not any more. How many cell phones have the Lithium Ion in them? ALL of THEM!!

Great battery!! Great warranty!! Fast Shipping!!

Just Jeff

Re: My take on the New battery for the Explorer!

I got about 12 hours of trashy hunting in on my new battery so far and it still say its fully charged. I love this battery well worth the cash!!!

Johnlaw09

RNB Innovations Lithium-lon ML 2900 rechargeable batteries...

My wife & I each purchased ML-2900 batteries a short time ago and they are GREAT!----On top of the excellent running time you get out of them, they are VERY well made/constructed & have a good warranty on them (one year) in the unlikely case it is ever needed.------It is sooo nice not to have to charge batteries anymore every time you "turn around".-----IMHO, they are worth every penny of the purchase price.

----Thanks Joe for a wonderful product.--------------Del

Field Test - RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900 !!!

I obtained a new RNB Innovations Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery for my Minelab Explorer (they work in the E-Trac and Safari as well).

I got it just in time to try out on my week long road trip last week. I must say I was quite impressed with how long it held a charge! I put it through some rigorous testing.... I charged it for 2 hours before the beginning of my trip, and came home 1 week later with nearly 30 hours hunt time on it and it still shows about 3/4 charge on my meter.

I did not go easy on it either! I hunted for most of that 30 hours in very trashy parks and beaches and in cold weather.... 2 things that kill battery life of a lesser battery. I left my detector in the back of my truck during a few nights when the overnight temp dipped well into the low to mid 30's and it came to life with a full charge each time I started hunting in the morning. NMh rechargeables would always seemed to lose their charge partially when they got real cold.

It sure was nice not having to carry a couple extra battery packs with me each time I was out hunting - especially on the beach when I walked 3-4 miles away from my truck. Car charger works great, and the coax plug is larger in size to prevent accidental charging with a NMh charger which isn't recommended.

All thumbs up for this great battery!!! Take care and HH,

Mike Moutray

Re: Field Test - RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900 !!!

Totally concur with the above findings. I've had mine in the back of my truck and its gotten cold every night, yet the machine shows n real impact unlike alkalines. The units at a 100% after almost two weeks of intermittant short use, I still use the speakers mostly so there's a lot of juice going there alone. I will report back but with winter coming on hunts will be shorter and eventually stop for the season here.

I think this is agreat buy and ML engineering uses lithium in the CTX...

edjcox

Re: Field Test - RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900 !!!

I've hunted with mine since receiving and charging them a few weeks ago and after about 20 hours of hunting I am still reading 100% battery. Very pleased with my purchase, a great investment that will save lots of money in the long run.

AgNostic

RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900

I like mine also, alot lighter than alkalines and still says 100% after 15 hours of use!!!...............

MO

Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900

I've been hunting a lot lately trying to get you guys (and gals) the answer of exactly how many hours can you hunt with the new RNB Innovations battery before it dies? I got my answer today after my machine finally died. Anyone want to take a guess on how many hours I got out of it?

The answer is just minutes short of 30 hours after the first charge. This is with real hunting and using the sunray probe. Before I started this test, Joe told me that I should get even more time out of it after a few charges as it gets the battery working better. I'll see about that. Either way, 30 hours in the field is REALLY impressive.

I hope this helps some of you in your purchase decision.

-Marc

ML-2900

Looks like a good deal and a one year guarantee . I ordered one . My present rechargeables are not lasting as long as they used to . I like the idea of the longer power life without having to worry about recharging as much and the fact they are a bit lighter in weight is nice too .
Thanks for posting the link Marc and welcome as a new sponsor RNB Innovations .

dirt doctor

RB Innovations new Lithium-Ion

At 8 hours it finally dropped a bar. Looks like this RNB Minelab E-Trac battery is gonna be a winner!!

Bart Davis
[email protected]
Findmall Sponsor BigBoysHobbies.net
Email, call or text for best deals. 405-206-9010
Minelab USA Partner of the year award 2012. Minelab customer service award 2012.
Authorized Dealer.

ML-2900 !!!

I live in California ( it was mailed from Bakersfield) so naturally the the farther away you live it's bound to take a little longer . It was sent USPS priority mail , snugly packaged in a 10 1/2"x 3 1/4" x 2 1/8" white box /carton ( easy to sneak by the wife if she's not as understanding as mine). It's very noticeably lighter than the stock rechargeable . I'm thinking the lightness will help a bit in counteracting the weight of the Sunray X-1 inline I use . I put in my Explorer SE just for ha , ha's and the battery meter said full charge ( interesting ) . I then plugged it in at 12: 45 and the red light went on . I like the red on black not only because it's very visible on my cluttered up desk but it matches my digging gloves I'm thinking I'm going to order the car charger as well as it could come in handy on a trip or in case of a very inconvenient long power outage . Well , that's my 2 zincs worth .

H H ,
George

Just ordered the new Lithium Ion Battery

I really like the idea of not having to put a battery on the charger after every hunt and the fact that they hold their charge for such a long time.

Looks like I will be selling my new 1600 I have.

Jeff

Got it today , another quick delivery thanks Joe. I used the rechargeable battery in my SE for a 4hr. hunt last night and the battery gauge is still black to the top .Of course I expected that but to actually see it happen is really nice . It's also going to be really nice not having to have to worry about re-charging so much .

dirt doctor

Mine arrived Friday, charged up fully in less than an hour, used it yesterday for 5 hours and it is still reading full battery strength on the Safari. So far I am very pleased.

I just want to say thank you to RNB-Innovations for the service and quality of the product that they are introducing for the Minelab machines.
It is FANTABULAS, I used today and after 8 hrs of hunt only one bar of the life meter was used up.
and the price? what can I say IT'S GREAT!
GREAT BUY.
GREAT PRODUCT.
GREAT PERFORMANCE.
GREAT WARRANTY
AND THE BEST OF ALL:
GREAT SERVICE AND FAST DELIVERY.
THANK YOU RNB-INNOVATIONS.

Abel

My first impressions of the new RNB Innovations ML-2900 Lithium-Ion Explorer/E-Trac battery.....Nov.4/12

GOOD ...because this dang thing hasn't dropped a bar lower even after 7 hours of solid hunting!

I think this could end up being one of the best assets to Explorer/E-Trac users in many years.

The following is a true statement and my friend Dave will verify it.

The last time we hunted I had 3 fully charged (I thought) Explorer batteries in my car as well as the AA pack...and of course the one in my SE.

Well...15 minutes into the hunt my SE crapped out with a dead battery.

No problem right??...Wrong!

I went back to the car and tried all 3 batteries...and they were all at zero charge because they had been in the back of my car for weeks..

I then turned to the AA pack to save me...but remembered I had taken 2 out to use in a flashlight at home.

I would have been screwed if Dave wouldn't have found 2 loose AA's under his truck seat...and that is the truth.

We were many miles away from any convenience or any other type of store...and I only had 1 1/2 hours to hunt...so I would have just had to go home "huntless".

I have been told that this new ML-2900 Battery Pack from RB Innovations will hold a charge for a looooooong time which would save a person from what happened to me.

I've also been told that I can expect to get between 25 to 30 hours of use before a recharge is needed.

At this point I don't know...but I aim to find out...and I'll keep you all posted with any results as they come about.

Right now as I stated...right at 7 hours of use this weekend and it still shows full power!...so I'm more than pleased.

I'll keep everyone posted.....

Bryce

I have one and go out every day......they just seem to go on and on.....had it two weeks......first charge ...when it arrived.....second charge after about 22 hours(was on three bars)...and it is still going!

mascard1

Re: My first impressions of the new RNB Innovations ML-2900 Lithium-Ion Explorer/E-Trac battery.....

Just bought 2 of the rb innovation batteries this week. I had some issue with my paypal account and Joe from RB innovations took the time to call paypal and fixed my issue. I would do business with this company again tgey were very helpful plus I paid no taxes my purchase. Great deal he shipped it out 30 min. after payment was made. Thanks Joe for the help can't wait to try them out.

Johnlaw09

Just bought one and so far....

I am really happy with the ML2900. Call it crazy but I too felt that when my batteries were getting low that my XS just didn't perform as well. I bought this new battery, charged it up and used it on Friday and Sunday for about 13 hours of hunting and the indicator hasn't budged off full. In fact, I kept looking at it expecting it to be weakening, as I figured no way this thing can be that good, but it didn't flinch. I'll give it another shot on Wednesday if the weather holds and see how that goes, but so far, I like what I have seen.

JeffinMass

RNB Innovations Lithium Battery

I know what I want for Xmas. Very impressive that is at least a wks worth of hunting for me!

DeltaDigger

"30 hours in the field is REALLY impressive" Very impressive indeed.

MikeO

RNB Innovations new Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery ML-2900

I've had mine for a couple weeks and haven't had to recharge it yet, after the initial charge when I first got it, and I have about 30 hours on mine. Still showing full charge on etrac, I loaned my Explorer II to a friend with the Nimh battery pack (fully charged) and it died on him in 6 hours of hunting with me, temps were in the 50's. I left my etrac in the back of my truck also for a few nights in the garage, and a couple nights the temps went down to the mid 20's, next morning I went and took the pack out of my machine and checked the voltage and it showed a little over 12 volts yet. So I didn't charge it yet. Think I am going to get another pack and sell off the 4 packs I have for my explorer and etrac...

nge

Well you finally drained your RNB battery because I was there with you after....

29 hours and probably 30 odd minutes or so?
I do believe I'll be getting one soon buddy!

Dave-IL

Last edited:

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
I just got mine for the Etrac..... my old stock rechargeable battery would barely make it a long day before it went dead......thats charging it the night before too....if i charged it over night and left it a few days it would die with just a half day of hunting......I got the new battery today and it took 50 minutes to fully charge, looking foward to using this, I might even be able to run my back light all the time now too, I know it will use more juice but I will try it out for the first day, and let you all know how many bars are left after so many hours of hunting......Mike

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought of not having to worry about the back-light draining the battery too much: yet another advantage!
I just got mine for the Etrac..... my old stock rechargeable battery would barely make it a long day before it went dead......thats charging it the night before too....if i charged it over night and left it a few days it would die with just a half day of hunting......I got the new battery today and it took 50 minutes to fully charge, looking foward to using this, I might even be able to run my back light all the time now too, I know it will use more juice but I will try it out for the first day, and let you all know how many bars are left after so many hours of hunting......Mike

ozbach

Nov 16, 2009
Olympia Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac/ xp Deus?/equinox 800
I love this battery...so far about 12 hours of hunting, and it has not dropped downat all,with 4 full bars showing, and I did run the backlight a little while too....Im really liking this battery....worth the money thats for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread