Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, 17" and 6" Coils
Minelab Excalibur II, 10" Coil
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used the Gray Ghost Underwater for Minelab CTX 3030? or better yet - I have the wireless headset and was wondering if I should upgrade (is it really?) to the Gray Ghost Underwater for Minelab CTX 3030.

Thanks again!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used them recently on a trip to Myrtle Beach - they work great, block out most of the ambient noise, fit tight (no slip) , and sound good.Lifetime warranty from DetectorPro. The yellow Koss headphones work well too, but the Gray Ghosts are higher end.

Wayne

Metal Detecting Stuff: Gray Ghost Underwater - CTX3030

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

botics

Dec 6, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, 17" and 6" Coils
Minelab Excalibur II, 10" Coil
AT Pro, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got it thank you!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone used the Gray Ghost Underwater for Minelab CTX 3030? or better yet - I have the wireless headset and was wondering if I should upgrade (is it really?) to the Gray Ghost Underwater for Minelab CTX 3030.

Thanks again!

Yep! Worked great in Florida! Free shipping here too! Gray Ghost CTX 3030 Underwater headphones.

pulltabpirate

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used them detecting yet, found out the hard way that my Gray Ghost NDT headphones aren't compatible in that they still let the external speaker sound off. I've tinkered with them in the house and the sound is very clear and defined, but seems very quiet for some reason. Hope it doesn't matter when I'm out. I'll find out tomorrow as I'll be taking them for a tryout on land.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't used them detecting yet, found out the hard way that my Gray Ghost NDT headphones aren't compatible in that they still let the external speaker sound off. I've tinkered with them in the house and the sound is very clear and defined, but seems very quiet for some reason. Hope it doesn't matter when I'm out. I'll find out tomorrow as I'll be taking them for a tryout on land.

If you use the wireless module you wont have that problem.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Something to think about....

The Koss yellows have better audio then the UWGG, but the GG have a better db rating..But one can help the audio of the GG by removing the choke coil from the curcuit in the right earcup. I had a friend who complained that once he got his GG installed on the excalibur the audio was tinner and lower..so I took a look....tested first to see what he was talking about then I was going to replace the 35mm piezo's with the 50mm but found by removing the coil there was a big improvement....would this help the 3030 with UWGG, my guess is yes... Reason, the coil is a Hi/low flow filter...removed, and all frequencies are allow. Just a thought............obn

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
My thing..........Who needs a special day when Gold waits?

Aug 9, 2012
Stamford, CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I bought the Gray Ghost underwater headset and was wondering if the Minelab underwater headset is louder.
My regular Gray Ghost sound awesome and I love em! But the under water GG are low vol even with me tweaking the sound on the ctx 3030 a bit.
Is there anything I could do to make them louder or is the yellow Minelab 3030 underwater headsets louder?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, the koss are louder but the quality of the headset is very poor...and that would be the coiled cable and blocking outside noise. On making the UWGG louder, Not sure if removing the coil from the earcup on the UWGG would work for the CTX.....I'm making UW Speakered Headphones for the excalibur, same speakers used on the more popular headphones like Killer Bees, Blackwidows, Sunray ProGolds ..and the RatPhones. I just need input on what land headphones work the best on the CTX. Then I can make a set and have them tested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread