New xt705

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What other detectors did you consider before choosing the 705. Not knocking anything, just curious.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just ordered a xterra 705 from mr. bart at big boy hobbies,i'am going to try a little dirt diggin.I love saltwater hunting thats mosty all i do just need to try getting dirt under my nails and see how it go's.:dontknow:

Great machine! Holler if you have any questions!

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Rainyday, I did a lot of research and reviews,watched all the youtube videos on different machines before buying another one.Last year i picked up a new black water proof detector and have had nothing but problems so iam easing away from that line.My minelab excalibur has never let me down.The 705 was in my price range and had good reviews.Next was who to buy it from,back to the research mr.bart at big boys hobbies had the best price and deal out there.Never had my hands on one Just have too see how it go's.
Thats the way i picked this one.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll like it.
It speaks it's own language, but it's like a different dialect of "Minelab Speak", so it shouldn't be too tough to adapt to.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grizj, I am torn between the minelab safari, xterra 705, and Teknetics Omega 8000. I need to get a water detector also so I am looking at which one will give me the most depth for the buck. All three of them have great depth, but also needing a separate fresh water detector will limit the funds a bit. I have to wait about a month to order so I have done a ton of research on these three and feel all three of can get the job done, just haven't made my mind up yet.

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
rainyday
Man thats a hard choice to make,it would be so good to get your hands on one and try it out.
I wish you the best of luck.

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
ZR2guy,
I down loaded the book,thank you i appreciate the help.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grizj, I am torn between the minelab safari, xterra 705, and Teknetics Omega 8000. I need to get a water detector also so I am looking at which one will give me the most depth for the buck. All three of them have great depth, but also needing a separate fresh water detector will limit the funds a bit. I have to wait about a month to order so I have done a ton of research on these three and feel all three of can get the job done, just haven't made my mind up yet.

Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison
Checkout this comparison of the Omega 8000 and the Xterra 705. I think you will find that the 705 has much more to offer.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on choosing the Xterra. I've owned a Cortes, F70, XLT, F2 and Gold Umax but the Xterra remains my favorite. You'll find its great for heavy duty hunting, but also perfect when you want to cherry pick quarters and dimes. It is especially great finding dimes.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 705 gold a couple weeks ago. It's a nifty detector. The 5x10 picks up tiny little gold pieces, about twice as far as my f75se and gets slot more depth than expected. Its a versatile unit that should serve you well!

Sever

Greenie
Jan 22, 2013
Russia, Nizhny Novgorod
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a 705 gold a couple weeks ago. It's a nifty detector. The 5x10 picks up tiny little gold pieces, about twice as far as my f75se and gets slot more depth than expected. Its a versatile unit that should serve you well!
I completely agree. I own
Minelab X-terra 705 DD 10.5" 18.75kHz 2 years. There are certainly devices more coolly and more expensively. But it seems to me that in this device - an optimum ratio the price - quality - opportunities.
And high frequency allows to find very small purposes (target). Sometimes I use Geo's mode.

I wish you good luck

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread