Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SusanMN
  • 1 Post By rc2125

Thread: New xt705

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2011
    maryland
    Waterproof unit
    72 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

New xt705

Just ordered a xterra 705 from mr. bart at big boy hobbies,i'am going to try a little dirt diggin.I love saltwater hunting thats mosty all i do just need to try getting dirt under my nails and see how it go's.

us
    Dec 2012
    Peshtigo, Wisconsin
    Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    281 times
    Metal Detecting
    What other detectors did you consider before choosing the 705. Not knocking anything, just curious.

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    395 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by grizj View Post
    Just ordered a xterra 705 from mr. bart at big boy hobbies,i'am going to try a little dirt diggin.I love saltwater hunting thats mosty all i do just need to try getting dirt under my nails and see how it go's.
    Great machine! Holler if you have any questions!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    May 2011
    maryland
    Waterproof unit
    72 times
    Rainyday, I did a lot of research and reviews,watched all the youtube videos on different machines before buying another one.Last year i picked up a new black water proof detector and have had nothing but problems so iam easing away from that line.My minelab excalibur has never let me down.The 705 was in my price range and had good reviews.Next was who to buy it from,back to the research mr.bart at big boys hobbies had the best price and deal out there.Never had my hands on one Just have too see how it go's.
    Thats the way i picked this one.

us
    Crazy 'Ol Foole

May 2012
    Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
    Fisher F2, Fisher 1280X, MineLab Xterra 705, MineLab Explorer SE
    317 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    You'll like it.
    It speaks it's own language, but it's like a different dialect of "Minelab Speak", so it shouldn't be too tough to adapt to.

us
    Jan 2011
    Southwest Ohio
    X-terra 705(stock 9", 10.5" DD 7.5 kHz) Gray Ghost Ultimates Garrett PP
    63 times
    Metal Detecting
    Good choice. Click this Free eBook - Understanding your X-TERRA | Treasure Talk then download it. Should be called the X-terra Bible. Good luck with your 705!
    "You can't fistfight tyranny" - Me

us
    Dec 2012
    Peshtigo, Wisconsin
    Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
    281 times
    Metal Detecting
    Grizj, I am torn between the minelab safari, xterra 705, and Teknetics Omega 8000. I need to get a water detector also so I am looking at which one will give me the most depth for the buck. All three of them have great depth, but also needing a separate fresh water detector will limit the funds a bit. I have to wait about a month to order so I have done a ton of research on these three and feel all three of can get the job done, just haven't made my mind up yet.

us
    May 2011
    maryland
    Waterproof unit
    72 times
    rainyday
    Man thats a hard choice to make,it would be so good to get your hands on one and try it out.
    I wish you the best of luck.

us
    May 2011
    maryland
    Waterproof unit
    72 times
    ZR2guy,
    I down loaded the book,thank you i appreciate the help.

us
    Jan 2011
    Southwest Ohio
    X-terra 705(stock 9", 10.5" DD 7.5 kHz) Gray Ghost Ultimates Garrett PP
    63 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by rainyday101 View Post
    Grizj, I am torn between the minelab safari, xterra 705, and Teknetics Omega 8000. I need to get a water detector also so I am looking at which one will give me the most depth for the buck. All three of them have great depth, but also needing a separate fresh water detector will limit the funds a bit. I have to wait about a month to order so I have done a ton of research on these three and feel all three of can get the job done, just haven't made my mind up yet.

Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison
    Checkout this comparison of the Omega 8000 and the Xterra 705. I think you will find that the 705 has much more to offer.
    "You can't fistfight tyranny" - Me

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Vaquero
    1067 times
    Congrats on choosing the Xterra. I've owned a Cortes, F70, XLT, F2 and Gold Umax but the Xterra remains my favorite. You'll find its great for heavy duty hunting, but also perfect when you want to cherry pick quarters and dimes. It is especially great finding dimes.
    Sever likes this.

us
    Feb 2010
    Indiana/Michigan border
    ~Garrett AT Gold~ ~Dive w/Fisher CZ-21~ ~vibraprobes~ ~Pro Find~ Have hads: CTX 3030, Etrac, xterra 705, T2, F75, F75se, F70, Vista Gold, Pro Pointers, a few Excals,
    91 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Got a 705 gold a couple weeks ago. It's a nifty detector. The 5x10 picks up tiny little gold pieces, about twice as far as my f75se and gets slot more depth than expected. Its a versatile unit that should serve you well!
    Sever likes this.

ru
    Jan 2013
    Russia, Nizhny Novgorod
    MINELAB X-Terra 705
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rc2125 View Post
    Got a 705 gold a couple weeks ago. It's a nifty detector. The 5x10 picks up tiny little gold pieces, about twice as far as my f75se and gets slot more depth than expected. Its a versatile unit that should serve you well!
    I completely agree. I own
    Minelab X-terra 705 DD 10.5" 18.75kHz 2 years. There are certainly devices more coolly and more expensively. But it seems to me that in this device - an optimum ratio the price - quality - opportunities.
    And high frequency allows to find very small purposes (target). Sometimes I use Geo's mode.

I wish you good luck
    Last edited by Sever; Jan 23, 2013 at 04:16 AM.
    I ask to forgive for my English. I write with the dictionary.

Sponsored Links