Etrac vs GT recovery speed.

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all not complaining at all I am really liking my GT. All the complaints about nulling and recovery speed are mostly a lack of learning the machine.

My brother in law is thinking about getting a new machine. He has been using the same Fisher 1265 since they came out and has a lot of good silver that will hard to find now days.

Any way he is not much into the internet. Heck he is older than me by 5 years and i am 62. He was thinking about going with the Etrac or GT and wanted to know the diffrence in recover speed between the two. The 1265 is real fast so he is not sure if he wants one or not.

Any info will be appericated.
Thanks
j piddle

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The E-Trac is not a fast hunter for sure. The heavier the trash the more you need to slow down. They do so much more behind the scenes than other machines. Lots going on. The Fisher is much faster.

I have not compared the Sov gt to E-Trac side by side but I do believe the E-Trac to be faster but not by much.

Hope this helps. Feel free to call me with any questions.

OP
OP
T

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The E-Trac is not a fast hunter for sure. The heavier the trash the more you need to slow down. They do so much more behind the scenes than other machines. Lots going on. The Fisher is much faster.

I have not compared the Sov gt to E-Trac side by side but I do believe the E-Trac to be faster but not by much.

Hope this helps. Feel free to call me with any questions.

Bygolly someone actually answered my question. Seems that some were weary to do so or maybe not want to admitt to the facts.
Thanks BART you just earned some more of my business.
j piddle

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saw some vids on youtube regarding recovery speed on Sovy, mine is not here yet, so no exp there. My Etrac is fast, depending on how you set it up. Standard coin mode, average, I would say...again, depends on what you are used to. Also saw some vids about the Deus, VERY fast recovery..but I am not in love with the Deus audio tones....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread