thinking of a trade for my COX 3030

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you don't water hunt I would go with your first choice of the Blisstool especially since you have been hankering for one anyway. Go at it and have fun.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would really try to use a Bliss or at least play with one before you give up a CTX for it. That is one WELL rounded machine.

OP
OP
Colosprings73

Colosprings73

Apr 17, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Fisher CZ3D,
Tesoro Tejon,
Whites 6000 di pro,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Detector Pro Pistol Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

I actually bought my CTX from you last summer.

After talking to my friend Saltwater-Max........he helped me realize that the honeymoon stage of my CTX is over .......

I am now in the real marriage with the machine......not all shinny and new with new features....I am used to it now......and NOW is when the really good finds start coming out of the ground.....which they have been.

Always wanting to try something new...... but NOT at the expense of the CTX.

I was an idiot to even contemplate EVER getting rid of my beloved CTX 3030.

I have figured out approx. How much time I have on my CTX......

560....yes 560 plus or minus some.

After this much time I have become one with my machine and can truly know what I am going to dig 95% of the time.

I will be getting the two other coils for my CTX and continue the journey.

I now understand what many of you have posted.....once you get to use your machine and truly know it inside and out..... like an extra arm....will it start truly performing.......

Let me add this to all others who are bouncing around machine to machine.....I have figured out one thing.....the machine is ONE part of the equation to the success to this hobby.....it's like this.....

80% is WHERE you hunt......Research, Research and more Research!!!! Want to find the REALLY good items DON'T go to a new park or field.
****I know people that use a Ace 250 and pull AMAZING items out of the ground.......because they RESEARCH and find the RIGHT places to hunt.

15% is the MACHINE you are using.
****If Those same people who ARE using an Ace 250 and I were hunting at the same site.....guess who's pulling out more GOOD items ;)

5%.....Hunting......the style in which you hunt....do you wonder aimlessly (find little) or do you hunt in grid (find alot, slow process)........and........... getting off the forums trying to figure this all out and HUNT.

Thanks again to my friend Max for waking me up.......

Check out my YouTube channel....Shelby Voll....for my latest finds....with my CTX 3030....or as my wife says..."your other wife".

HH

materdigger1

Jun 7, 2012
Natchez, Mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Teknetics T2SE , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven 25 digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,

I actually bought my CTX from you last summer.

After talking to my friend Saltwater-Max........he helped me realize that the honeymoon stage of my CTX is over .......

I am now in the real marriage with the machine......not all shinny and new with new features....I am used to it now......and NOW is when the really good finds start coming out of the ground.....which they have been.

Always wanting to try something new...... but NOT at the expense of the CTX.

I was an idiot to even contemplate EVER getting rid of my beloved CTX 3030.

I have figured out approx. How much time I have on my CTX......

560....yes 560 plus or minus some.

After this much time I have become one with my machine and can truly know what I am going to dig 95% of the time.

I will be getting the two other coils for my CTX and continue the journey.

I now understand what many of you have posted.....once you get to use your machine and truly know it inside and out..... like an extra arm....will it start truly performing.......

Let me add this to all others who are bouncing around machine to machine.....I have figured out one thing.....the machine is ONE part of the equation to the success to this hobby.....it's like this.....

80% is WHERE you hunt......Research, Research and more Research!!!! Want to find the REALLY good items DON'T go to a new park or field.
****I know people that use a Ace 250 and pull AMAZING items out of the ground.......because they RESEARCH and find the RIGHT places to hunt.

15% is the MACHINE you are using.
****If Those same people who ARE using an Ace 250 and I were hunting at the same site.....guess who's pulling out more GOOD items ;)

5%.....Hunting......the style in which you hunt....do you wonder aimlessly (find little) or do you hunt in grid (find alot, slow process)........and........... getting off the forums trying to figure this all out and HUNT.

Thanks again to my friend Max for waking me up.......

Check out my YouTube channel....Shelby Voll....for my latest finds....with my CTX 3030....or as my wife says..."your other wife".

HH

Awsome post Colosprings - you hit the nail right on the head - when the light really comes on and you really learn the CTX you will be digging up awsome stuff - but you must be in the right place as well - great post

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread