briman05

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra Gold Pack
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been looking at buying a Excalibur II for this coming summer. Is there anyone that has one that they want to part with or maybe it was there backup detector. I know the straight shaft is one thing I would want to do with it I wouldn't need it included because I think I could probably make it.. I mean how hard could it be. But also is there any other pointers you guys could give me I have a xterra now but I need the excal to hunt the wet salty sand of jersey

Thanks for any information .

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't recommend any newbie to buy a used detector because you could waste a lot of time using a detector that isn't operating correctly and you wouldn't know it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like he has a Minelab detector now so I'm guessing he's not a complete newbie. If he's familiar with his current machine, I shouldn't much of a learning curve to use the Excal. He'd be able to tell if it's working correctly pretty much right away as the Excal is a pretty simple machine to operate. You can get some pretty good deals on E-bay from time to time. You might also want to check with your local detector shop or the guys in the detector business on here.

OP
OP
B

briman05

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra Gold Pack
Primary Interest:
I'm not a newbie I have been detecting for almost 2 years. I have been wanting a excel because I hunt the beach and my 705 won't work in the salty sand so I need a multi frequency

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of deals to be had on that awesome machine... I will keep an eye out for you!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a guy in Hampton Va who is selling an excal II. Has it on (I believe) and anderson or plugger straight shaft, over under bar on it, stock 10 inch coil and he bought it in 2010 but it only has one season on it. PM me if interested and I can contact him and give you his info if he gives permission. I just bought an excal 1000 from himand it has ben working flawlessly! He is asking $750 firm but from what I've been hearing, that is a darn good deal. Here are some pictures I took when checking it out for a friend.
The scoop (custom made) is also for sale but not sure what he wants for it....VERY heavy, only for in the water hunts.....don't wanna tote that monster around the beach!
20130129_093448.jpg 20130129_093521.jpg 20130129_093529.jpg 20130129_093025.jpg 20130129_093547.jpg 20130129_093511.jpg 20130129_093034.jpg

windage

Apr 3, 2011
Mason-Dixon Line
Detector(s) used
eyes, ears, wet finger in the wind and old willow sticks, when that don't work; Minelabs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a "wanted" in the classified here on T-net last week 3/16, a dealer responded with a new-in-the-box excal for $1000 shipped on Sat 3/16....got here yesterday (on my birthday) 3/21 and I used it today...presto...how easy was that?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted a "wanted" in the classified here on T-net last week 3/16, a dealer responded with a new-in-the-box excal for $1000 shipped on Sat 3/16....got here yesterday (on my birthday) 3/21 and I used it today...presto...how easy was that?....

You must have got Barrys Excalibur...Brand New untouched....Good deal and fast shipped...Happy Birthday!!

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how do you like your xcall 2? I'm looking for one. What dealer did you get it from?

gordy/swfl

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2013
Marco Island, FL
Detector(s) used
whites PI
Primary Interest:
Excal 2

Hey Paul did you ever find a dealer or deal on a new or used excal 2? I too am looking at one thousand sound alot better than fifteen hundred that i see online. Thanks in advance, Gordy

gordy/swfl

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2013
Marco Island, FL
Detector(s) used
whites PI
Primary Interest:
Hey briman I'm looking for an excal 2 as well and was wondering what dealer you got yours from. All I can find is $1499.OO online and up so $1OOO sounds great! haha Thanks in advance and happy hunting, Gordy

Dave P

Feb 24, 2010
Port Saint Lucie Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
I just bought the Excalibur 2 and got a 2 year warranty and a lot of extras with. It's best to buy a new one that way you don't get any one else problems. I have always had this philosophy. Yeah there might be some good deals out there, but you get what you pay for.

gordy/swfl

Tenderfoot
Jun 21, 2013
Marco Island, FL
Detector(s) used
whites PI
Primary Interest:
Thanks Dave, I am looking for a brand new excal and now I'm wondering the "best" vendor to deal with. Where did you buy yours with all the extras?

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a hardly used Excal 2 10in for $600. Lol. I have dealt with him before and he just decided to get out of detecting. It should be here by Friday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions