just ordered my safari!

halfstep

May 11, 2010
Got it from from tom at miller mdz. Great guy to deal with answered all of my 1000 questions. Can wait to get it and to learn it.

Great machine. I have one and like it a lot. Take your time and be patient. Once you learn it, you will find lots of goodies.

OP
OP
dholland02

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out for about an hour on monday ans hour on Tuesday b4 I froze. Pulled 3 wheaties from my back yard that my ace250 missed. I love it already just gotta learn to slow down with it.

halfstep

May 11, 2010
I was out for about an hour on monday ans hour on Tuesday b4 I froze. Pulled 3 wheaties from my back yard that my ace250 missed. I love it already just gotta learn to slow down with it.

Slowing down helps for depth and seperation. If the areas is fairly clean, you can speed up the swing a little. The safari recovers pretty fast. The sound recover fast but the display doesn't seem to change from target to target as fast. If I hit multiple targets and look at the display to see what number it is, I will sometimes lift my coil a couple feet off of the ground to clear it and then set back down to get a better idea what the target is. When it is trashy or there is a lot of targets, I rely on sound to help me weed out the trash. I reprogrammed my setting so it sounds in ferrous tones and like it better that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread