Pinpointing with Etrac

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm back when I used to hunt a lot (albeit with a concentric coil) I never had a hand held pinpointer other than a brass probe. Now I have a SUPER Minelab Sovereign GT with 180 meter , S-1 Sun Ray probe, toggle switche covers, cable clips Detecting Buddy strap enviro cover (not shown)etc....Most of my detecting equipment is waiting for the warm weather. ANYWAY My question is: as well as my new Etrac seems to pinpoint indoors do I REALLY need a handheld pinpointer?(X-1) I was always more worried about diging an 8" wide hole than not finding the object. The more I play around with the Etrac the more I think of selling my GT (and it's 4 coils)as payment towards a CTX 3030. I dunno what do you guys think???:icon_scratch:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at your list of equipment, it looks like you already have a couple of pinpointers. Some detector/coil combos pin point better than others. Quality detecting time in the field will tell if you "need" one or not. I find them helpful on a small elusive target but not necessary. It just speeds up the recovery process sometimes.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sov,

If you are interested in selling that x-1 sunray propointer, let me know...send photos and let me know if you would sell the shaft with it...PM if interested

Thanks

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dougofpa: Actually I don't have an X-1. I do have the S-1 PP that goes with my Sovereigns. This thread was partially about trying to decide if I wanted to spend the $ for an X-1 PP.
Sov,

If you are interested in selling that x-1 sunray propointer, let me know...send photos and let me know if you would sell the shaft with it...PM if interested

Thanks

OP
OP
Sovereignelite

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my question is whether I'm going to be pinpointing over several pieces of metal(any fortune tellers out there? ha ha) as the etrac is going to pick up the strongest signal most likely. If I have aN X-1 I would think I could isolate better since I could use discrimination with the inline PP.
Same here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread