E-trac

ridgerunner

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my new E-trac today. I've been reading the online manual for the last 4 days. It's been a little scary. But I can wait to get started with my new machine. I've been out of this hobby for at least ten years. Ive had 4 different Fisher locators and 2 different Whites locators. I liked them a lot but I thought I would give the E-trac a try.

Dirt.Is.Good.4U

Nov 27, 2012
Nicholasville, KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm an e-Trac newbie as well. Looking forward to the challenge, though. Check out Goes4Ever's Web site for some settings to get you going.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
R

ridgerunner

Jan 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got it set up and was want to do a little testing. Does this machine run with a hum all the time or is there a way to quiet that down?

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got it set up and was want to do a little testing. Does this machine run with a hum all the time or is there a way to quiet that down?
You can quiet the hum down in the settings. But you want to hear it at a comfortable volume, because the hum will go away when it nulls on something you are discrimating. I am pretty new to the etrac too. I got one before christmas and I couldn't wait to use it. So I left the frozen tundra of WI and went beach MDing in florida and South Carolina for ten day. I leaned a lot about the machine in those ten day. I couldn't believe how deep some of the holes I was digging. I love the machine and look forward to the spring thaw.

beach.jpg

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to Etrac too....BTW you need an audible threshold though. It is an intimidating machine. I have been spending the cold weather studying THE book(not the manual), I have learned so much from it. Ebay has them for $14.95 shippedYou NEED this book!The Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbookalso http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Minelab-Explorer-E-Trac-Handbook-by-Andy-Sabisch-/400398667574?pt=US_Metal_Detector_Accessories&hash=item5d399ecf36

Last edited:

rustyman9791

Sep 30, 2012
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Minelab profind.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Read Andys book but most important thing right now is stick to a stock program and learn it one way. Changing things all up every few days will greatly confuse you. Pick one and go for it. Stock coins program is VERY VERY good.

When in trashy areas, slow way way down. Auto sensitivity.

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
I'm new to the E-Trac also. I'm about finished reading Sabisch's book and I've done a lot of air testing so far. Everything is snow covered and frozen here is Pa. so I'm stuck to looking at this new machine for now. I've always been a White's user and eager to find out what my new E-Trac can do. The only thing I'm having trouble with so far is figuring out how to adjust the descrimination on my E-Trac. It's really confusing for me. Adjusting descrimination on a White's is a breeze compared to my E-Trac.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
The etrac is one of the easiest out of the box machines to use out there. The way this works is, turn it on, adjust the threshold to your liking, start off in 4 tone, unless you want to get frustrated, dig everything with a conductive number above 32 or so until you learn the machine. Once you get comfortable then go to multi tone and hunt that until your comfortable. THEN start playing with the buttons.
That is what I did when I first started using one. I didnt read the manual because I was using my buddy GOIO's etrac. I used it for a week and found 13 silver coins in an area I had hunted before with other machines. That was in September of 08. I found as many silver that week as I had the whole year with another brand. Just make sure you keep the coil ON the ground or as close as you can and swing slow. 3-4 seconds per swing in not to trashy areas and slower in trashy areas.

BTW, I still have my original etrac and as soon as the snow melts and the ground thaws here in Utah, I am going to be hitting some spots. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread