rhodie

Feb 8, 2013

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good way to learn the machine is to bury items and remember what they are and mess around with the controls. You can also perform air test with gold, silver, pop tab, iron, a nickel, a so on. This will help understand the machine and its controls better. Give it time - it don't happen in a week.
Good luck.

OP
OP
rhodie

rhodie

Feb 8, 2013
Many thanx, should I do these experiment at the beach near the water or on dry beach sand?
Your help is most welcome, thank you. :)

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You can hunt in PP mode or Disc mode, I would recommend if you are having any issues use Auto, and disc mode until you have got use to the machine

OBN0001 (4).jpg

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good video OBN. Follow Joe's advice as he knows the Excal.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a small gold ring tied onto a piece of fishing line with a cork with you.

1. Bury it in the sand about 12 inches deep.

2. Adjust your sensetivity and threshold till you can hear the ring, it should be a repeatable signal, but very faint. Try it from multiple directions till you have your detector set so you can hear it on every sweep...Tie the ring on the string, then tie a knot 12 inches up so you know it is 12 inches deep when burried..

#3. Now tug gently on the ring about an inch so ring is standing up, see if you can hear it now...

This is called tuning your detector, you want to be able to recognize and see the deep gold rings, shallow ones will scream at you, it is the deep ones you want to tune to....

Do this on every beach you hunt as beaches are different, and same beach is different from day to day..........

Taught to me by a Minelab master..........

Good luck...

OP
OP
rhodie

rhodie

Feb 8, 2013
Thanx for that info,
We wave had a cyclone go over the east coast recently and have taken the beach to almost rock level, there is also a terrific amount of black sand. I've been out and found a couple of modern day coins a low tide but almost nothing at the beach front :/
I will give your advice a go and hopefully will turn something up.
Much obliged.
Rhodie.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing about big storms, the can push things inland also...

Matt C

Jan 18, 2012
Waco tx
Detector(s) used
Ex cal 2 800 ,Garrett AT PRO,Garret ACE 250 [kiddos] ,Tesoro Tejan mine lab excal 2 1000 , mine lab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a excal now for 4 years an just got another one had the 8 in now i have a 10 in i set mine like this disc 1 to 2 maybe sens 6 to 7 depends on area volume pretty loud thres hold next to nothing i like a quite machine some folks differ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions